2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What else do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not at present. Some issue came up and the ECC relay won't close when the truck is shut off, so essentially, the truck won't start back up once it is shut off. Been sitting for a bit now as gas went way up so driving it wasn't a priority. A shame as a bit was spent restoring certain parts of it a bit right before that happened :/

Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM
chronoboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could rip off the EFI and CARB it, there goes what little gas mileage you get, unless your trying to cherry it out, but if not just gut it and throw on a fuel pump intake and carb, those 351 are diehard engines and when you carb them with like a holly 600 double pumper it really opens them up, you'll be suprised how much a big carb and intake will add power and torch to those engines, turn it into a bogger, they have awesome wheel base for tank traps.

Sorry not trying to turn you into a wheeler, just offroading is a Passion of mine, was never into the the car scene until I got bored one day and was starring at the wrecked neon and decided to make it my next project, and to be honest I'm getting attached to the car that six month ago I was planning on junking.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought about it. It'd probably do alright, though, I'd always compare it to my 351 HO and it'd always lose, lol. It might end up being easier to carb it though instead of dealing with anymore of this electrical nonsense on it. The harness caught fire a bit after we got it do to some awesome wiring jobs by the previous owners.

I do enjoy off roading, I just leave it at about that. No hardcore wheeling or rock crawling.

That, mud and some trails are about it for me.

I like working on the Neon because it isn't a complicated car and mods are fairly inexpensive compared to the Mustang.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:58 AM
emericaman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

toher then my 02 neon, i have a 93 ford probe that is currently being redone. so its my project. and i also drive my girlfriends 01 eclipse. will get some pics sometime.

Quick Reply: What else do you drive?