2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Neon STX Problem help

Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
sk8er2004
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Neon STX Problem help

Ok guys I need some help because I am stumped. My 2005 dodge neon stx wont start. I replaced the starter, checked the battery (1 year old) which was basically full. I know it might be something so small that I overlooked but I can't figure what's wrong. When I crank it up no noise is even made to signify even cranking. If anyone could please give me some kind of insight to start so I can fix this immediately because I know it's something small that can be easily fixed. Thanks guys.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Lets start with the basic's. Try turning the engine with socket, This will let you know if the engine is frozen. Then check the fuse's in the PDC with a 12 volt test light. Also can you hear the fuel pump coming on? Recheck the wires going down to the starter. Post after you have done those and we can go further.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:26 PM
ukra-alex

just check for sensors, may be speed sensors, air sensors, etc, It happened to me that only for one freaking sensor it didn't waant to start. also, check if all the wires are right with an electrical tester.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:50 PM
prouty3232

have you had an issue with your 2005 SXT shaking in the front? i replaced motor mounts and that fixed the rattling and shaking when i drove. but now i can be in park, neutral or anything and it shakes like it's not getting enough air, gas, or something. i put my foot on the brake and the gas to smooth it out. any acceleration will smooth the ride out completely. driving down the road the car is amazing --- you stop at a red light, and your whole front end and dashboard shakes, i cant even look out my rear view mirror bc its shaking all over the place.....any advice? already replaced the balancer/damper, did new spark plugs and wires. battery is new, and nothing else is wrong with, per 5 other mechanics. HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Neon STX Problem help