2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I am done rebuilding the engine and stuck on a vacuum line!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Vermin65803
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am done rebuilding the engine and stuck on a vacuum line!!

First of all i would like to thank this website for all the info that i found when i was rebuilding my 2000 dodge neon. Secondly, i have never pulled the engine out of a front wheel drive car before, and it has been a challenge. After the last few weeks of changing the timing belt, water pump, oil pump, starter, alternator, and all the gaskets one could think of i am pretty much done... all with the execption of one vacuum line that i thought i remembered where it went. Its a vacuum line that runs from what looks like under the fire wall up and under the brake cylinder and between the airfilter box, and the relay box on the drivers side. It looks like it should wrap around to the outside of the throttle body. But the male piece on the throttle body is to big for the hose. It was getting late and i just gave up after working on the engine for most of the day. Am i correct that this line should go to the throttle body or am i missing something. This is the only thing holding me up other than the plugs and battery... any help would be grateful!!

Old 08-25-2011, 04:10 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm just going from memory here: there is a vacuum line that goes around the outside of the PDC and the airbox, that connects to the TB next to the TPS.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Vermin65803
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. Oddly enough i found a 2000 plymouth neon at a luandry matt and asked if i could look under hood... now that i think about it probably sounded like a cheesy pick up line.... but oddly enough the engine was the excate same... and the line went to the top of the TB while i was trying to figure out how it went to the bottom of the TB. but the car is back up and running very smootly... now all i have to do is replace the oil pressure unit... the light still comes on but the engine has oil and a new oil pump and purrs like a kitten... thanks again for the help... and now onto the stero system lol

Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're welcome!

Quick Reply: I am done rebuilding the engine and stuck on a vacuum line!!