2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

broken washer nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 AM
earlyre
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken washer nozzle

so today, refilled washer bottle, hit spray button, small flow from both sides, hit it again, nothing from pass side, small flow from driver's.
when i open hood, there is solvent dripping from hood liner, and the "stem" of the nozzle has sheared off under hood. Still in hose.

WTF?
anyway, i have on hand a pair of the chromed nozzles w/ blue LED's on front side. bought 'em like 10 yrs ago for last car, when they were the new "kewl" thing, never got around to installing.

now, should i use these, or go to AZ and just get the generic black units for $10.....

i know if i use the "blingy" ones, i don't have to hook up the wires, but probably would.

opinions?

Last edited by earlyre; 12-01-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: adding links
Old 12-01-2011, 04:03 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IDK, you got chrome on your car?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM
buddhaman
Veteran

If you don't like the chrome just get a bottle of nail polish and paint it the color of your car or whatever color you like.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
earlyre
Professional

Originally Posted by darthroush
IDK, you got chrome on your car?
nope, factory look. only "chrome" is the grille surrounds.

Originally Posted by buddhaman
If you don't like the chrome just get a bottle of nail polish and paint it the color of your car or whatever color you like.
hrm...i do have a small vial of touch-up ....

Last edited by earlyre; 12-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
earlyre
Professional

when i went to disconnect the driver's side, it snapped off in the hose as well. brittle old plastic... ( 4 yrs of dallas high temps & UV?)

well, ol' fumble fingers here couldn't get the washers/nuts, etc, that went with the chrome ones to work properly through the little hole in the underside of the hood, and the other AZ ones looked like a similar setup, so, $31 later i have a new set of genuine mopar washer nozzles installed. ($14.95 ea @ both local dodge dealers, apparently their retail price is $18.80 ea.)the real deals, just snap into place. no muss, no fuss.

part #5116088AA of anyone's interested

...and just found a 2 pk for $25 plus $3.80 shipping on amazon...

Last edited by earlyre; 12-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want newer Mopar ones. I've got crappy jet nozzles. They went to the fan pattern in '05.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
earlyre
Professional

well darth, there's your part #, mines an '05, fan pattern. just unplug washer hose, then from top slide a thin piece of plastic in on both sides ( body filler spreader, credit card, plastic spatula, etc) and rock the nozzle. it just has a tab to depress front and back, and it pulls right out. or in my case cracks into 2-3 parts. (end even broke off the "good" one when i pulled it from the hose) New ones just snap into the holes, reconnect the hoses, and bob's your uncle.(as they say)
google search for part #

2 pack on amazon for 24.95+3.84 shipping

Last edited by earlyre; 12-01-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:45 AM
illriginalized
Rookie

Originally Posted by earlyre
well darth, there's your part #, mines an '05, fan pattern. just unplug washer hose, then from top slide a thin piece of plastic in on both sides ( body filler spreader, credit card, plastic spatula, etc) and rock the nozzle. it just has a tab to depress front and back, and it pulls right out. or in my case cracks into 2-3 parts. (end even broke off the "good" one when i pulled it from the hose) New ones just snap into the holes, reconnect the hoses, and bob's your uncle.(as they say)
google search for part #

2 pack on amazon for 24.95+3.84 shipping

You just saved me a hassle. Almost went to autozone to buy aftermarket (dorman) but decided to do a little searching around in the forums first. I prefer fan vs jet.. The jet ones just seem like they're uncontrollable and sloppy.. and don't exactly cover the windshield.

Just placed an order for the fan version

By the way, since I'm getting rid of the old ones.. I can just detach the plastic/rubber tubes and tug the nozzles out right? Who cares if they break

Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 AM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-Definitely get the fan spray! The nozzle on mine cracked a few years ago so I went to the bone yard and pulled a set from another Neon. Should have paid closer attention as they were the jet pattern. Absolutely hate them! I just haven't seemed to have made it back to get the correct pair..

L8R,
Matt

Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I wish I had the fan spray ones or the ones off early 2k pick up truck that have it in the wiper arms..

if they clog up usually just need cleaning, go to some cheap parts place that sells welding tools and get a welders wire tip cleaner, cheap only 2-4 bucks and you will use it for all kinds of things later on..... as it fits right in the hole

Even on a Saturday night! lol

Last edited by TejasMtnBiker; 04-10-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: broken washer nozzle