2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2001 Plymouth Neon

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM
bob6860
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Plymouth Neon

Hello everyone-
I have an issue needing some help! I have a 2001 Plymouth Neon with 125,000 miles. Never had any issues in the two years I have owned it. Here lately every time I go out to the car and the engine temp is completely cool (whatever it is outside), I jump in, start it up and shift into drive or reverse...nothing happens, its like it is in neutral. If I sit for a min with the car in reverse or drive it will kick in. Not a rough engagement but not smooth either. Cant figure this out! Took it to the dealer and they recommended and additive! Needless to say I didnt add anything! Tried to remove the transmission valve body myself, got the bolts holding in in out and it was loose to the point I could move it but something was hanging it up and not letting it come the rest of the way out! Need some help fast please!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome to DF
Make sure the TRS connector is unplugged and the shifter is in low gear and remove the lever. Watch how the accumulators come out as well as the spings. I will move your post to the 2nd gen neon section.

Quick Reply: 2001 Plymouth Neon