2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Low idle after vehicle warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
silversx33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Boys, Hows it going I spoke to my mechanic and he said hes going to call the dealership tomorrow and bring in some OEM motor mounts and see if it makes a difference.

The idle situation ive been noticing doesnt happen all the time which is frustrating because I want to show my mechanic the issue instead of looking nuts!

The idle sometimes drops to 500-550 RPM and thats when the vibration is felt real bad but then after driving it a bit more it goes away and idle at 700rpm

Im really confused I heard playing with the throttle adjustment isnt a good idea so I dont know.

I dont know if I have a vacuum leak issue but when I open the hood with the engine running it sounds perfectly fine running engine so I really dont know what it could be.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
arnonefrank13
Professional

wow that is a low idle, mines not that low..

Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM
silversx33

Boys I cleaned the throttle body really well and unfortunately that didnt do it I had the motor mounts rechecked retorqued same issue idle still drops after vehicle is warmed up mechanic of mine cant find a vacuum leak or anything...

I have no check engine light nothing at all

Can it be possible it might be the Cam Shaft Sensor?

Ive been reading forums and thats the only thing I can think of?

Vehicle drives fine accelerates fine im just confused

Not sure what to do anymore

Old 12-27-2012, 09:11 AM
ksuchewie

I replaced my camshaft position sensor last month because I was getting code P0340. It cost $20 or so and took maybe an hour to replace. The error code went away, but my idle was not fixed.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 AM
LegititzHalo

I think the vibration may be your control arm/a fram bushings. thats what is was on my 98 neon R/T. i also have solid front and rear motor mounts from modernperformance.com. I hope this can help you out some.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can still try drilling a hole in your throttle plate like I mentioned earlier in this thread. It accomplishes the same thing as turning the adjustment screw, which is allowing more air past the throttle plate, but since you're not changing the postion of it, you're not affecting the TPS. I didn't come up with this idea; I got it from the 2gn forum and it works. The throttle plate is plastic, so it's easy to drill and it won't hurt a thing to try. All you have to do is pull out the air filter and the throttle plate is right there.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM
silversx33

I think I might do this next because I had 3 mechanics look @ it and they cant figure it out they said possible bad cam shaft sensor or crank sensor my vehicle drives fine accelerates really good no issues @ all..

The best part is sometimes when I take it in to show them the issue it doesnt do it!

Its a hit or miss thing I cleaned throttle body really good not sure what else to do next boys.

I dont wanna take it into dealership they will rip ya off lol

Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

check your alternator and voltage regulator.

Quick Reply: Low idle after vehicle warmed up