2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

neon discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
SX2005
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: neon discontinued

i really dont like the fact that the neon is being stopped, i mean, although they had their share of problems of over the years, they were not expensive and seriously alot of teenagers wanted them because they werent bad on gas, their power 132, isn't bad at all, most civics have 125 max hp, and neons looked good man, i just dont know why they would replace the "suv" with the neon, i mean the good thing i was reading abot the caliber was that its a 4 cylinder,and its an SUV, i guess its good on gas, but still man, NEON! lol

Old 10-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know why every one is saying "SUV"... It's a hatch back. It's shorter than the Neon in length and only 3 1/2 inches taller because of the arch.

Just wait, it will grow on you. Especially, as I said, an AWD, lighter, 2.4L SRT-4...

but.... they could have done that to the Neon... lol

Old 10-10-2005, 06:01 AM
NeonSE

New Neon = Mitsubishi Lancer

Old 10-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well yes, the CALIBER is on the Lancer platform, but that's it.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
CleanNeon
Rookie

Just because they don't make the Neon anymore is not a reason to sell your car. Car trends and times change. Just think what if instead of stopping Neon production. Dodge decided to build the Caliber and call it the new 06 Dodge Neon. Now the Neon becomes a hatchback and everyone is pissed. Car companies are not there to be friends with people who own a 2 year or 11 year old car. They are there to make money. They want to attract to buyers into the showroom. What better way to do that then design an all new car. Remember Dodge has finally stepped up into the limelight. They seem for once to be bringing more customers in everyday. I was born a Chevy truck guy , now I can't even look at anything they make other then the vette without wanting to walk in the GM board room and ask what the hell they are doing. Ford has its problems to but nothing they make I like either. Dodge pushes the boldness with there cars. If they didn't dodge sales never would of picked up because none of the Dodge owners would exist. It's o.k. they stopped making the Neon. That doesn't mean they can't bring it back in a few years.

Quick Reply: neon discontinued