2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Opinions... On future Projects

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions... On future Projects

Alright, so I know there is a billion of these threads but im laying out plans for future mods and need some ideas from people who have a bit more expertise in this field than I. Being a neon owner for only about 3 months now... I sadly still dont know what is all out there for my car.

I am currently probably going cheap and getting some:
prothane motor mounts
Strut Bars (front and back)

I am really holding off on a new exhaust till i will not need my car for a good week or so for transportation (no other vehicle). Other than that, what I am asking is for a guy with a small income of about 150-200 bucks every other week... what should i get in order... and add stuff to my list if i am missing something nice, cheap, and works well for my ride!

New Adjustable Cam Gear
Headers
Throttle Body (followed by new fuel injectors)
PCM

Thats my list i am looking at as of right now for a limited budget ( i am excluding a bunch of money i save for special occasions ... the emergency fund i have as a back up). Any ideas would be welcome and much appreciated...

oh... forgot to add i already have a K&N CAI!

Old 10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Opinions... On future Projects

I would do the exhuast. Its not a hard job at all. I did my exhuast from the header to the tail pipe in about 2 1/2 hours, and I had problems getting the header to mate with the pipe to the muffler.

In order I would say:
1. Exhuast
2. PCM
3. Header

The injectors, cam gear, and TB are not gonna do a whole lot of good without some internal mods.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
whyte69
Veteran

I agree with Casper, new exhaust system is the way to go. Your car needs to be able to dump what it's already creating. It doesn't matter how much fuel you throw into your engine, it's how well your car can dispose of it. I might be inclined to get a PCM a little later, after some other mods have been done because the type of PCM might be dependent on some of the mods already on your car. But, of course I might be wrong, I'm new to this modding game.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM
casper
Legend

I forgot to ask, what year is your car? There is no PCM for 04 and 05 and only for a stick on the 03 if I remember right.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

yea... i figured as much... They need a new one for the 04-05(i have an 04) [:@]

Alright, ill look into the exhaust and headers. Sucks that my car will only do 120, cuz its getting easier with every mod i do to get there.

I found one on SummitRacing.com (link below) but uh... im not sure.

I have checked and it says that it will work for an 04. Not sure...

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

(go to applications, then just select the application)

Old 10-30-2005, 08:57 PM
casper
Legend

I have no personal experience with the jet chips, but I have heard that they are garbage for the neon. That is only a piggyback system, I forget the name, but there is a full replacement with adjustable fuel and timing. It was around $700 if I remember right.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

I heard somwhere that i could send my PCM to MOPAR and get it upgraded and sent back. What do you guys know?

Old 10-31-2005, 02:56 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: Freerider

I heard somwhere that i could send my PCM to MOPAR and get it upgraded and sent back. What do you guys know?
Your close, you can send it to howell and they will do it, but again there is nothing for the 04 or 05.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: casper

Your close, you can send it to howell and they will do it, but again there is nothing for the 04 or 05.
How Much and how do I arrange that?(being the n00b that I am to upgrading). And probably over x-mas vacation i will do a whole exhaust and header install. I am just wondering so i can do this sometime in the near future.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: casper

How Much and how do I arrange that?(being the n00b that I am to upgrading). And probably over x-mas vacation i will do a whole exhaust and header install. I am just wondering so i can do this sometime in the near future.
I thought you said you have an 04??? There is nothing whatsover available for an 04 other than there is a system out there that will work on the newer neons, but I can't rember the name, it was posted here somewhere.

Quick Reply: Opinions... On future Projects