2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

brakes noise and getting water inside car

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:02 AM
ice_angels7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down brakes noise and getting water inside car

well this happended to my since last 3 weeks ago. everytime i back up the press the brake pedal i here this cranking noise coming from the front bottom of the car. like something metal is broken or about to. i checked the brakes assembly and pads and everything seems to be ok. does anyone have expirence something like this?? what else sould i check to detect this noise?
another question is that if someone really found the cause of why everytime it rains the car soaks water. mine get really wet in front pessenger bottom part and rear as well, and i checked the bottom of the rear seats and is also wet. my trunk too. i put some sealer during the summer but it seems that it stills the water find its way to get in. i hate that part, and i know is a common problem for this cars. i have an 04 srt neon. i havent checked the sunroof that can also helps the water get in. im really pissed and dissaponted with this issue in my car. car smells all the time. right now here in NY we are getting rain everyday since like 4 days ago and the car keeps getting water inside everyday. what can i do??

Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

rain usually comes in from the windshield & rear window seals, as for the brakes is it more of a squeak sound? ( rusty drums from rain)

Old 10-03-2015, 07:46 PM
ice_angels7

well i need to find the gap where water gets in. no, the noise is more like a crank, once step on brake it cranks like when an axle is broken but the noise is just once like crank.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:42 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The water is probably coming in through your taillights. The seals go bad. Your spare tire well will fill up and it will also run down the groove in the metal of the body into the passenger compartment and soak your carpet in there. You need new taillight seals and to remove all the seats and carpet to properly dry it out and prevent mold.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 PM
ice_angels7

yeah, the well tire space get like a pool qith lots of water. i saw some water leaking trhough there but water mut go through behind the carpet cuz right behind the tailights there is no water. ama fix that thing right away. i hate the smell.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:54 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Mhm, it just leaks from the very bottom of the light (water runs downhill) and then runs under the carpet.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:55 AM
ice_angels7

well i kinda fixed the problem with the water leaking. checked some vids and they say that usually is the seal around the taillights that go bad. i ch ked mines and thet look the original to me so the previous owner didnt do anything about it. so i just add another layer of weather stripping kinda thik and use some 3m double tape and also add some rvt glue to the edges so water couldnt have any way to get in between the plastic and the seal. i hopa that works. i haven't cheked cuz it hasn't rain but i hope it works

Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It probably would have been easier to just buy new seals. They were a few bucks each IIRC.

Quick Reply: brakes noise and getting water inside car