2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Random idle miss when cold

Old 06-16-2019, 11:15 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004 Neon SE
The coil I took off was a MasterPro brand from O'Reilly, I was told, by an O'Reilly employee no less, that brand of ignition components aren't the best quality.
And you confirmed that for you it wasn't the best quality. It's secondary resistance was within range but its primary resistance was 4 times the specified value.

Did you measure the Salvage coil pack for its resistance values, or have its output bench tested before you used it? If so it would be interesting to hear what you found.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:02 PM
2004 Neon SE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paw paw
And you confirmed that for you it wasn't the best quality. It's secondary resistance was within range but its primary resistance was 4 times the specified value.

Did you measure the Salvage coil pack for its resistance values, or have its output bench tested before you used it? If so it would be interesting to hear what you found.
I just bolted the one I got from the salvage car,didn't test anything. But since it runs smooth as it should, I'm happy. The coil pack I took off was put on by previous owner, but I did hang on to it in case I need it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Random idle miss when cold