2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

best upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
reduceallpain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best upgrades.

anyone know some things that will produce the most horsepower for my neon..besides a turbo

Old 02-03-2006, 03:05 PM
whyte69
Veteran
Default RE: best upgrades.

refer here: https://dodgeforum.com/m_298809/tm.htm

It gives you a nice list of things to start with. The thing to remember when pushing more power is that you need to be careful with how far you go. The more power you're pushing, the greater the chance you're going to blow something else on your engine. Take into consideration that only so much can be expected from the stock internals and that everything needs to be upgraded accordingly.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

agreed whyte. people always look for cheap horsepower but you cant be expecting Horsepower without problems with components. If your looking for the best gain in Horsepower, your looking at maxamizing your air flow, optimizing fuel, and upgrading internal components (the best thing being a complete engine rebuild). After you can get through that you can expect, not only a great gain from a turbo, but ontop of that a great performing ENGINE. You cant expect a cheap horsepower gain without risking the engine or power.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: whyte69

It gives you a nice list of things to start with. The thing to remember when pushing more power is that you need to be careful with how far you go. The more power you're pushing, the greater the chance you're going to blow something else on your engine. Take into consideration that only so much can be expected from the stock internals and that everything needs to be upgraded accordingly.
I'd like to see you blow an engine up from making too much power WITHOUT the use of nitrous or turbo. It would take a hella lot of money to do that. So I don't think thats an issue unless you do one of the two things I mentioned. End of story.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

I'd like to see you blow an engine up from making too much power WITHOUT the use of nitrous or turbo. It would take a hella lot of money to do that. So I don't think thats an issue unless you do one of the two things I mentioned. End of story.
knowing most people low... they go for the 150 shot of throttle in a bottle and end up in a ditch wondering why their engine block just shot through their hood

Old 02-04-2006, 04:48 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Freerider

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

knowing most people low... they go for the 150 shot of throttle in a bottle and end up in a ditch wondering why their engine block just shot through their hood
I'm just saying its pretty hard to blow an engine without the use of nitrous or boost. You'll have a hard time getting 200whp out of the 2.0L SOHC. Even if you do get that much power you still aren't that likely to blow your engine up. I'd worry about blowing up my differential or tranny before the engine.....

Old 02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
whyte69
Veteran

^^^ agreed. I'd end up replacing a bunch of of the stock internals I went anything beyond N/A

Old 02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
reduceallpain

perfect time to do **** cuz my trannys about had it..lol

Old 02-07-2006, 07:27 PM
casper
Legend

HP equals money. How fast do you wanna go?

Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Customlimitz863
Professional

i heard a stock neon engine can push a good 50 shot of nitrous like nothing without n e mods at all.....well one would assume for nitrous u wold have bacis. like exhaust and intake..etc... but is this true.. im lookin for eighter the nos or turbo approach..but nothing heavy.. what's safest on your engine. not that either are bothe n e good for it.. but which out the too cause less wear and strain on the engine. turbo or nos..... if nos. i was thinkin a nice lil 50-75 shot after decent amount of mods.....what u guys think????? i have tones of question on lil hp tips and trick i hear about alot...... im on-line enough.. en eon that knows n e about neons.. pease im me and help me out. thanx....

Quick Reply: best upgrades.