2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

EBAY STOLE MY CAR! lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:40 AM
BDM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY STOLE MY CAR! lol

Guys take a look at this! They stole my car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-AD...rdZ1QQtcZphoto

I wrote him this:

"I have very big problem with this picture. I'm the owner of the vehicle that you have placed on your pages to sell your product. On top of that, I was the creator of that very Photoshop. Your store has illegally sold your product by advertising my vehicle without my knowledge. I highly advise you to work out a deal with me or would you rather have me sue you? That is my car, my Photoshop, and you were unauthorized you use it. You are making money off of me, without my knowledge. Respond immediately on what you would like to do. I suggest you send me these wheels for free or I will press charges. It's up to you to loose $350 or $300,000 because you used my car to sell your product without my knowledge. Contact me ASAP, before I contact ebay and my lawyer. This is not a joking matter."

Do you guys think I did the right thing? Mayby I can get out of this with some free wheels.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 AM
celticshinobi
Default RE: EBAY STOLE MY CAR! lol

haha, is that your car? nice rims dude. um, i dunno if that was the right thing or not but its what i woulda done haha

Old 03-06-2006, 02:26 PM
insanetuner18
Rookie

unless you copyrighted the pics of your car i don't think you can actually do anything. Ya see if the found it and it has no copyright or rights reserved then it is free for the picking. It is kinda like clipart.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: insanetuner18

unless you copyrighted the pics of your car i don't think you can actually do anything. Ya see if the found it and it has no copyright or rights reserved then it is free for the picking. It is kinda like clipart.
Copyright law states that anything you produce, be it a book or taking a photograph of your car, house, etc, is automatically copyrighted unless an agreement is made that directly states copyright belongs to such n such. You do not have to formally submit a copyright request. Countless copyrights and patents have been overturned by people who have documentation pre-dating the patents that show proof of ownership of said material Meaning, he owns the copyright to that photo. Since the company did not ask him to use it, did not provide monetary re-imbursement, and even went so far as to VANDALIZE his picture without his expressed consent, he very much has a lot he can do about it. Now, would it be worth it financially? Probably not. I would still contact a lawyer about it and see what they think. Skipping that, I would contact the company and tell them to remove your picture ASAP or face legal action. Which, you would in fact win.

You could always tell them send you a set of free rims and you can own the picture. Either way, I'd seriously look at a lawyer....

Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
BDM
Veteran

Sweetness, lets see what the guy says back. If he doesn't oh well. My mom is in the realestate buisness amd has lawers as close friends. It would not be a problem at all to have one look into this.

Quick Reply: EBAY STOLE MY CAR! lol