2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 neon keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
usmailman956
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 neon keyless entry

My keylwess entry quit working all of sudden. I replaced the remote battery still does not work. Tried reprogramming with instructions found on web still no go. Does anyone know how to diagnose this and fix it dealer wants over $100 to just diagnose it. I purchased a 2nd remote and would like to get all to work if possible

Old 03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: 02 neon keyless entry

Take your dash pad off and look in the center of the dash. There should be a black box (this is the actual keyless entry remote sensor unit) with a blue sticker and a bunch of wires and connectors coming out of it. Check all the connections and make sure everything looks like it should...put everything back and try the remote again...if that doesnt work then i have no idea what you should do. lol.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:49 AM
usmailman956

This may sound stupid but how does the dash pad come off?

Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
nyhtonca

I just bought an 02 Dodge Neon SXT last night and the keyless entry hasn't worked. I haven't tried replacing the battery yet, because I'm not sure where I can get a new one... would this be something that a Dodge dealer could find for me? Or is there somewhere cheaper to purchase one? I'm going to be ticked if mine doesn't work at all, like yours. I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions! Good luck...

Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 PM
usmailman956

I bought my 2nd one on ebay for like 15.00. There are several places on internet search keyless entry and you will find them

Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
usmailman956

Sorry I forgot about the battery. You can get them anywhere that sells watch or hearing aid batteries, like walmart. I used a dime in the slot to open remote and then battery pops out from 3 plastic prongs

Old 03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
nyhtonca

Yeah...so I got the new battery and IT DOESN'T WORK!! Also, when I bought this car, the ad stated that it had cruise control and it doesn't. *annoyance* And now the keyless entry won't work, after repeated attempts to reprogram it. I do not want to pay $100 at the dealer to have it fixed, because it would've cost me $200 to completed INSTALL keyless entry on my Alero. My frustration with this dealership rises....

Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Dare_2_Dodge

You should also check the fuse to that particular system. There are two known fuse boxes on your 02 neon. I have gained some experience working with these trying to find a good fuse to put my remote sensor wire running to my 580watt amp in the back.

Open your driverside door and take off the panel just inside facing the door. Theres a slot where you can stick your hand to pull it off. Inside there are the fuses and a diagram on the inside part of the cover plate. There should be a dedicated fusefor your remote keyless entry sys.

I think they're all the same but you never know. On mine, it's fuse # 14. 20Amp. Second column, fourth fuse down if one were facing the driver seat from inside the dash.

Note that this is a 20 amp fuse. This means that alot of power runs through this fuse and therefore it is easy to overload it with the wrong battery type, or just bad wiring and worn-out parts. Take the fuse out and see if it's blown... if it is, then get a new 20A from autozone and you're good to go.

If this does not solve your problem, check the remote battery, and the unit itself inside the dash...

Old 07-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Zachary Fierro
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Dare_2_Dodge
You should also check the fuse to that particular system. There are two known fuse boxes on your 02 neon. I have gained some experience working with these trying to find a good fuse to put my remote sensor wire running to my 580watt amp in the back.

Open your driverside door and take off the panel just inside facing the door. Theres a slot where you can stick your hand to pull it off. Inside there are the fuses and a diagram on the inside part of the cover plate. There should be a dedicated fusefor your remote keyless entry sys.

I think they're all the same but you never know. On mine, it's fuse # 14. 20Amp. Second column, fourth fuse down if one were facing the driver seat from inside the dash.

Note that this is a 20 amp fuse. This means that alot of power runs through this fuse and therefore it is easy to overload it with the wrong battery type, or just bad wiring and worn-out parts. Take the fuse out and see if it's blown... if it is, then get a new 20A from autozone and you're good to go.

If this does not solve your problem, check the remote battery, and the unit itself inside the dash...
I've had this problem for over a month and it's horrible. I have children and unlocking doors manually just is not the business. Checked the fuse today in my 2005 Dodge Neon. It's in the exact same place as you stated and it was blown!!! I used the fuse from my wipers to check if the locks worked and they did! Thanks man you have saved me lots of time and frustration !

Old 07-11-2018, 01:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Zachary Fierro
I've had this problem for over a month and it's horrible. I have children and unlocking doors manually just is not the business. Checked the fuse today in my 2005 Dodge Neon. It's in the exact same place as you stated and it was blown!!! I used the fuse from my wipers to check if the locks worked and they did! Thanks man you have saved me lots of time and frustration !
Glad you got it figured out but hat post you quote is from 12 years ago.....the poster of that thread is long gone....lol

Quick Reply: 02 neon keyless entry