2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

roll cage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006 | 02:14 AM
NonToxic
|
Rookie
Default roll cage?

where is a good place to get a roll cage? or pieces of a roll cage?

Old 04-20-2006 | 12:41 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: roll cage?

you can get one at advance auto parts, depending on where you are located in the US, i got mine threw them and paid about 115 for a six point cage, that i maid into a four point (so people could get in the back seats) if it is a second gen neon they do now make the main hoop for behind the back seat threw competition engenerring so you will have to buy the one for the first gen and cut about 4 inchs off each side to make it fit, it fits great!! as long as you take your time it can be done trust me :-)

Old 04-20-2006 | 08:41 PM
NonToxic
|
Rookie

well really im looking for something to attach more seat belt harness to so i mean like part of a roll cage or a harness bar. anyone know where i can get one of these i dont want those like 350$ harness bar for just a bar going across the back. can i find anything cheaper? or some type of other bar that might work?

Old 04-21-2006 | 01:10 AM
dtjackten

u can get a bar from most any hardware store or steel shop, you just will want to get a thick gauge steel, something that will not move or buckel if you get into an accedent, i have a cage that is heavy but if i got into an accedent it is not going to move, accually if all you need is the bar to run from pillar to pillar i might have a peice left over that is long enough, if it is something you are interested in let me know

Old 04-21-2006 | 01:14 AM
NonToxic
|
Rookie

yea im interested... would i have to weld it on? and how exactly would i run the belts?
how long is the pole to? and how much would you want for it?

Old 04-21-2006 | 02:28 PM
dtjackten

well if you plan to put it pillar to pillar yes you would have to weld it in, and take off the panels on the top of each pillar in order to weld it to the car, as for hooking the belts to it you can buy a type of belt that you can strap around the bar, or you can also buy a belt that would bolt to the bar, it is all what you have or can buy, i will have to go see how long the bar is, i can do that tonight, because it is not at my house but it is at my parents, where are you located at so i can see about shipping it.....i am from NY so i will have to see how much it would be, i will make sure it is long enough in my 02......let me know if you have any more questions, the other part of the four points you can run to the stock points on the bottom of the floor, if you are close to NY i could do it for you if you are interested....

dave

Old 04-21-2006 | 02:45 PM
NonToxic
|
Rookie

i live neat the DC area my zip is 20833 and how much would you want for the pole?

Old 04-21-2006 | 03:03 PM
NonToxic
|
Rookie

ill most likely be getting a harness like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/X2-JD...58579488QQrdZ1

how would i hook that up?

Old 04-21-2006 | 03:08 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

haha, i dont know if someone said this already, but they sell a roll cage for the SRT-4. Guess what, its a direct fit on an 03+ neon as well. Why? The body's are the exact same. Its just whats under the hood, the tranny, and suspension that sets it apart from ours.

So, you could also ghetto rig one off of one meant for an older neon. However i figured a direct fit would be much nicer.

Old 04-21-2006 | 03:25 PM
NonToxic
|
Rookie

where is a roll cage for the srt 4?
where can i buy one from?

Quick Reply: roll cage?