1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New member: 1985 w150 revival

Search this Thread

Old Today | 04:20 AM
HorizonMike
|
Default New member: 1985 w150 revival

Howdy guys! After 14 long years I cussed at my Dad's oldtruck long enough to get the hood open! 98% sure Dad did a 360 swap but can't see the cast on the side well enough to tell. I'm going off the valve covers and the fact he told me he swapped the 318 for something and wished he wouldn't have. But anyhow, always wanted to get this running again ( I used to be able to Stand on the seat and reach and touch the ceiling!) Now I'm 6'5" and have a dead Dad and an awesome truck that needs to run. Engine isn't seized, got the tank out and cleaned and the oil drained, changed, cycles a few times and will be swapped along with the filter tomorrow. Going to flush the coolant and clean the rad. then new plugs and wires and distributor cap. Any words of wisdom like if I'm missing anything? Upgrade carb? Is it a 318?? I don't entirely know what I'm doing but I know I can figure it out. Thanks guys!!

Last edited by HorizonMike; Today at 04:31 AM. Reason: Add info
Old Today | 07:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Welcome to the forum!

The following users liked this post:
HorizonMike (Today)
Old Today | 09:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

How long has that been sitting?

Quick Reply: New member: 1985 w150 revival