2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

trottle body.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 PM
1pat1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trottle body.

What would be a good throttle body for a 2.0 2000 dodge neon. I have Weapon R Secret Weapon intake and Vibrant axel back exhaust, car is used as a family car but i would like more power. I like leaving the ricers and cobalts sitting at the light. im an old man and always drove fords or mopars but if i can make this little neon make a fool of a few focus'es so be it. also im looking in to a header what do you suggest. car is a autotrans.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:14 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: trottle body.

The MPx 60mm Throttle Body ($250) is the best out there...unless you own a 2003 Neon R/T.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:16 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I'd get a header before a throttle body if I were u. As for the TB, u should get a throttle body from Modern performance or Howell automotive.
I have the MPX throttle body and I like it.

U should get a stainless steel header or get a armor coated header. I would recommend Pacesetter, Borla, or the OBX header. The Pacesetter is a good cheap quick performance product for the buck.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:44 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: lblackneon

I'd get a header before a throttle body if I were u. As for the TB, u should get a throttle body from Modern performance or Howell automotive.
I have the MPX throttle body and I like it.

U should get a stainless steel header or get a armor coated header. I would recommend Pacesetter, Borla, or the OBX header. The Pacesetter is a good cheap quick performance product for the buck.
+1...the TB wont do you much good unless you have some other mods, i'd say get a header from any of those companies as well.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Topher

I dont want to hijack this thread or anything but how big of a difference would a new header make? Would it make any noticable difference in power for milage?

Old 05-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

a header would give you probably the biggest gain youd see from any other bolt on. It will increase power on all powerbands and will definately give you on average a good ATLEAST 5 whp.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:25 PM
leadspud
Professional

I'm running both, the header and throttle body. And when I auto cross, I'm as fast and some times faster then the SRT's on time.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:37 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: leadspud

I'm running both, the header and throttle body. And when I auto cross, I'm as fast and some times faster then the SRT's on time.
Thats because you have springs and better sway bars, header and TB wont do you **** in AutoX because that kind of stuff doesnt matter when your going for best handling. All it does is move you to a different class...

Quick Reply: trottle body.