2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

CAI.. a thought....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 AM
timplett
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAI.. a thought....

I guess that placebo effect must trick the dyno too when AEM and other companies dyno tested their products. Damn gullible dynos...

Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 AM
QBall02
Rookie

ORIGINAL: timplett

I guess that placebo effect must trick the dyno too when AEM and other companies dyno tested their products. Damn gullible dynos...
Don't believe the dynos. Go have it done yourself, but I would not trust something the company puts out.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: R/Tconvert

If it doesn't suck in air then how does it get in there? Air pumps "suck in air". It creates a low pressure area by drawing the piston down with the intake valve open. It sucks. The lower we make the delta P between the ambiant air aid that intake tract the less work the motor has to do to get that air. Hey I have a great idea. Let's push the air into the motor with a fan driven by the spent exhaust gases. Nah that would never work.
or... we could somehow rig a compressor of some type into crank, perhaps using a chain or belt, so your motor simply running would spin a turbine of some sort. but it sounds way too complicated to work. forcing more air into the motor, lol wow i must be remedial. and i agree, using spent exhaust to add power is the dumbest idea i have ever heard

Old 09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

If it doesn't suck in air then how does it get in there? Air pumps "suck in air". It creates a low pressure area by drawing the piston down with the intake valve open. It sucks. The lower we make the delta P between the ambiant air aid that intake tract the less work the motor has to do to get that air. Hey I have a great idea. Let's push the air into the motor with a fan driven by the spent exhaust gases. Nah that would never work.
or... we could somehow rig a compressor of some type into crank, perhaps using a chain or belt, so your motor simply running would spin a turbine of some sort. but it sounds way too complicated to work. forcing more air into the motor, lol wow i must be remedial. and i agree, using spent exhaust to add power is the dumbest idea i have ever heard
Hmmmmm compressor.... sounds like a turbo, but if u had it spinning at the speed of the engine you would most likely run lean b/c too much air would be forced into the engine, and when you red line the car there wouldnt be much of in increase unless you could get enough fuel in there to run a good a/f...... but forcing the intake to suck in air when it doesnt need it will most likely hurt your engine rather than help it.....not much time to explain furture as i have class in about 10 min....

Old 09-25-2006, 11:22 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: Izero

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

Hmmmmm compressor.... sounds like a turbo, but if u had it spinning at the speed of the engine you would most likely run lean b/c too much air would be forced into the engine, and when you red line the car there wouldnt be much of in increase unless you could get enough fuel in there to run a good a/f...... but forcing the intake to suck in air when it doesnt need it will most likely hurt your engine rather than help it.....not much time to explain furture as i have class in about 10 min....
sorry, i was just throwing a thought out there. i guess we are just stuck with regular old atmospheric pressure for our motors... its just too complicated and risky.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:54 AM
R/Tconvert
Rookie

I'm pretty sure I was being sarcastic.

Quick Reply: CAI.. a thought....