2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

computer code+Tranny+dimming lights= BIG QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:05 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer code+Tranny+dimming lights= BIG QUESTION

ok...this is MY story...lol...my neon is an 02...she has about 90,120 miles on her...ive been running the same 'system' ever since i got the car...before everyone bashes me and tells me...its the system...etc...etc...i know what im doing....i know at full tilt...this thing could eat my electrical system in no time... i run

an Alpine cd/mp3/wma head unit
Kicker 6.5 components
2 Audio Bahn 1200eu's
JL Audio 300/2 (for highs...and yes crossed over)
Audiobahn 1300 hcx

basically i have 150X2 for my mids and highs...and 600X2 for lows

first...i do not play rap music...i play heavy metal...and i know that when you stop at a light...your rpms are down so your alternator doesnt put out as much...so everytime i slow down...i turn my stereo down...faithfully even at every light...when i get on the free-way...i crank it...but most of my driving is freeway anyway...the only thing ive had to do...was replace my battery at the very end of winter last year...everything else on the car is bone stock...my car has been good to me...however...this spring...i went to work...went down the road(in my neighborhood)...slowed to stop sign...hit the gas...and the car just revved up...like it was in neutral...so i let the rpms come down...revved it up again...and it did nothing....rpms came down...then it SLAMMED into first gear...ok...whatever...no big deal...check the tranny fluid...it was a little low...so i replaced the fluid...couple days later...my check engine light comes on when i start the car...and it does the same thing...at the same stop sign...so im like ****! my tranny is done...also i forgot to mention that for the past year from this point...about 50 percent of the time...when i slow down...around 25-30...u can feel the car do a slight 'jerk' if you will...people said it was the motormounts...well i got that fixed and it still did it...so im like ****...its the tranny...well ill keep running it...because i cant afford to pay for it...ive gotten used to the 'shiver' or 'jerking'...well the code for the engine light is....P1684 Battery Loss in the Last 50 Starts The battery has been disconnected within the last 50
starts
ok...well thats about right...since i replaced the battery...it was on for about a week...then it went off for a few days...then came back on...thought nothing of it it didnt go off...and my car was running fine...so fast forward to now...when i crank my stereo up...i smell somethings burning...so i think its the subs...as...the current material ive been playing is VERY heavy and hard with double foot kick drums...so its hard and fast...keep in mind...my system is about 4 yrs old...so that goes on for about a week...so saturday i check it out...and the subs...arent even warm at all...i smell the amp...where the heat comes out from the fans...and thats where the smell is...i let it sit for a few days...not using it...well tonight...i turn the bass all the way down and crank it...i would guestimate...the sub is pushing around 150-200 watts...if that...its NOTHING really...i smell the burn...and im at a stop light...and my lights are dimming excessively!!! this should not have happened because the power is extremely minimal!!!! so i cut off the amp for the subs...and just run my JL Audio for highs...now anyone who knows about JL Audio amps...they are VERY stable...and they only cut off when your voltage is around 10.5 volts(i think) either way its low...so i crank it...thinking i wouldnt have any problems...cause im drawing much current at all...and the music cuts out...i turn the music down...it comes on...i turn it back up...and it cuts out...i call up my pop...and ask him if its possible if u run an amp...on low voltage will it fry it...he said 'yep' so bingo theres my problem...i dont have a stable electrical system(probably the alternator)...i know this has been alot...but when i check the engine code tonight i still get the same thing

P1684 Battery Loss in the Last 50 Starts The battery has been disconnected within the last 50
starts

but my battery hasnt been disconnected so...im really really STUCK...i dont know what significance any of this has to anything...i just want to get the check engine light off my dash...(jesus...i just CANT wait till i get my charger r/t)

someone PLEASE shed some light on this...

thanks,
Steve

Old 10-18-2006, 01:30 AM
sxt_seven
Default RE: computer code+Tranny+dimming lights= BIG QUESTION

yeah the same thing goes on with my neon, (the check engine light), your amp is most likly losing it, you should take it in and see what's going on with your system!!!! what condition is your neon in?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Default RE: computer code+Tranny+dimming lights= BIG QUESTION

its in pretty good shape...i mean...its got 90k...but its all freeway...ill probably be looking to sell it after i get my charger...which hopefully will be in the next month or two...=(

Quick Reply: computer code+Tranny+dimming lights= BIG QUESTION