2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:09 AM
smkn951
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here

Hello everyone,
i just want to greet everyone with a hearty hello from Darmstadt Germany. Nope i'm not german. i'm in the military and currently stationed here for now.
i have a 2005 neon sxt base model and i was hoping to modify it to be be able to atl east keep up with the cars here in germany. top speed seem to cut off at about 115 mph not bad but it seems like there's no pick up and go.
if you had 3000.00 what would you do to mod the car up a few ponies and it's upgradeable for future added hp's.
what's the best tire size for it?
any ideas on w/c is better, ram or cold air intake?
single or dual exhaust?
turbo or supercharged?
where is a good site for body kits that would deliver to an APO AE address?
sorry for all the questions everyone, i know there is the search button, but there's too much info to go through and i need to get this parts on order asap as i have been bitten by the boost bug before and i can't seem to get rid of it.

thanks everyone, i hope to get a lot of positive feend on this issue.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Default RE: newbie here

I'm kinda new here too, but here's some things I've picked up reading...

full cold air intake is best. (altho I have a ram and like it, the full one gets better/colder air from outside the engine compartment)

Don't think it's a question of single or dual, but just definetly replacing the stock "cat-back"

Beleive they do not yet make a supercharger kit for any Neon YET....

as far as the rest of the questions, like the turbo and body...I'm sure some of the experts can bring it....

Old 11-11-2006, 07:58 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

If you want power, go with a hahn racecraft turbo kit.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Coach

Also consider a nitrous kit.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:01 PM
lblackneon
Champion

What year neon do u have and do u have an auto or manual?

If u have anything older than 2003, I'd get an aftermarket pcm to get rid of the top speed limiter.
As far as the trans, I'd get a short throw shifter for a namual and If u have an auto I'd get a high performance automatic valve body to make it shift faster.

A Cai is better than a short ram.
Single or dual outlet exhaust is your preference.
There are no superchargers for Neons. If u see something like a supercharger it's probably crap.

Check the how to make my neon faster section of the forum for more info. There should also be some websites that you should check out.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

[sm=nxsmile.gif] COMPLETLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT, good thing you said something Coach!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

DO NOT PUT NITROUS IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Our cars actually do fine with a good 50 shot, I'm not saying put a 150 shot, that's a no no. But they do respnd very well to small shots and no damage to the engine.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
smkn951

thanks everyone for the replies.
where would it be a good place to order performance upgrades to the car ie. CAI, suspension kits, body kits etc.
not to worry spikeymikey, iam not putting NOS in the car yet, i still have to do a lot of research on the pro's and cons of NOS, besided can the stock engine handle such boost in hp.?
as for most of you guys and gals out there, i too am a DIYer kinda guy. well i'm kinda mystified when i tried to look for the oil filter, hmm is there a secret compartment for this? i wan to change oil and do my basic maintenance to it. is there a manual out for routine maintenance on a 2005 neon SXT yet?
has any one put in an MSD ignition system on this cars yet? which would be a good yet affordable and upgradeable ignition system?
BTW i tried getting parts from cardomain but upon reviewing my cart i notice that most of the parts in it are for the neon SRT, hm i double and triple checked my vehicle selection and it clearly states a 2005 neon SXT. are the parts from an SRT and SXT interchangeable?
will 17x7.7 or 8 fit the car for new kicks? do i need to get spacers? what about the alignment?
any recomendations on vendors that would ship to an APO address in a timely manned let say ummmma week at the most?
thanks everyone for your time and patience.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
qnr69
Veteran

go to ebay they have some kinda good parts for cheap u can find cai lowered springs body kits etc and if u want rims go to wheelsnext.com u can get a whole wheel and tire package plus hardware shipping mounting and balancing on black seventeens for about 800 900 bucks

Quick Reply: newbie here