2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

03-05 Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:55 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03-05 Projector Headlights

Theres also morettes projectors I saw a few on srt forums that have them and one guy even got sponsored for some fully. Alot cooler than haks on srt forums.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:04 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Theres also morettes projectors I saw a few on srt forums that have them and one guy even got sponsored for some fully. Alot cooler than haks on srt forums.
Negative. Haks are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

are they actually good enough you dont need your highbeams anymore? i mean, i use my highs on the backroadsA LOT.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

are they actually good enough you dont need your highbeams anymore? i mean, i use my highs on the backroadsA LOT.
He has just low beam projectors or a high/low projector option...but the projectors he uses for the low only headlights are the same units that are used in the BMW 3 Series...so that should mean something.

And yeah, Morrettes = gay...Haks look better and perform better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24091/46E49933E2E546BF91075A0C7D1E3390.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-17-2006, 03:58 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

hell yea what he said ^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
AirWolf

Black housings FTW. I have some on my sxt looks nicewith my depo black led tails. I dont like haks tails anyways. Too each is everyown I guess. Not very many of the guys and gals have haks anyways. More have the cta black housings .

Old 12-17-2006, 09:31 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

So does anyone have a link to the place where u can order these headlights?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:05 PM
AirWolf

Haks are on srt forums . Who wants to pay big money for his headlights when you can get black housings for 180bucks shipped from cta on srt forums . Thats why he doesnt sell very many and thats why black housings are popular. They look just as cool as projectors!

Old 12-18-2006, 03:40 AM
04 mo neon
All Star

I just finished looking around on srt fourms on the HID information and it feels like when I first relized that I really didn't know much about cars.

I have always thought that their wern't that many options out there for our cars as far as aftermarket headlight and know I realize that, that was b/c HID retrofit is the only way to go in our cars.
I know a little more after read the HID retro fit sticky on srt forums but I know that I still have to do a TON of research before I completly know what's going on and that means about 5-10 hours or more of reading threads.

What I found out though is the people who pretty much build these light setups for you charge out the A and so I will probably end up do this on my own, not just b/c of the money but I enjoy doing the mods to my car myself.

Ok, that said I think what I will end up going for is the gloss black(or flat not sure yet) back of the housing, and then do a crome accent with no halo(I think it makes it look no bad, but no good either), around the projector. And also a crome finish around the turn signal. Some like in these pics. How ever I kinda like the back of the housing where the projector is mounted in HAKS car, but I have NO idea what material it is or where to get it. Once again more research.

This is kinda what mine would look like.....well it's the same color so that good enough for me, OH AND RELIZE THAT I WOULD PUT EYELIDS ON SO THE BLACK WOULD ACTUALLY BE Balanced out more, b/c that's the only issue for me currently is the headlights almost draw to MUCH attentiona and the lines get messed up in my opionion, so THANK GOD for EYELIDS!!!

I think the RETRO BLACK LOOK goes good with pretty much all the colors but black, blue and silver cars I feel it really goes well with, maybe yellow to.

Anyway it's a future project and I think it will fun and interesting. I think we need to get the HID's going on the sxt/se/rt, b/c currently the srt-4 people have a sh*t ton more cars with them than we do, but then again most have more money to start out with.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

the black backround is abs material its used in sound stuff like custom speaker housings i think and make sure you bbuy aftermarket headlights such as depo or something because it is impossible to open the stock ones with heat and you would need to cut so in other words get some depo ones and heat them so they open. and research a lot ive looking into this extensively myself and it is very complicated

Quick Reply: 03-05 Projector Headlights