2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

03-05 Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:11 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03-05 Projector Headlights

The reason us sxts /ses and r/ts dont have the projectors like haks cause we like the black housings way better . Youll see the black housings on half of the srt forums from cta and on ebay and not to many of haks projectors .

Old 12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

The reason us sxts /ses and r/ts dont have the projectors like haks cause we like the black housings way better . Youll see the black housings on half of the srt forums from cta and on ebay and not to many of haks projectors .
No, its because most neon owners don't want to spend 900 dollars for projector headlights. The black housing with regular stock lighting is only going to diminish how much light your stock headlights put out...so nice work with that. Less must be better.....I am going to retro my own headlights for a lot less.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
AirWolf

Well I have 6000 hid kit in my black housings. . Everyone that has them on srt forums loves them and never complains that they are dark.I only paid 150 bucks for my depo black housing headlights to go with my black led tails . I got a deal on my 6000 lid kit also.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:28 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Sorry but I'll still take REAL projector HID's over some black housing OEM's and a HID "conversion" kit...

Old 12-19-2006, 12:48 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well I have 6000 hid kit in my black housings. . Everyone that has them on srt forums loves them and never complains that they are dark.I only paid 150 bucks for my depo black housing headlights to go with my black led tails . I got a deal on my 6000 lid kit also.
Stock headlights + hid kid = crappy light pattern. You probably think it looks cool because its got that blueish hue to it. When really you have the same or slightly more then stock light and you blind every single person on the road with an hid kit in stock housing.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
AirWolf

Sorry nothing stock about the black housings they are made by depo not chrysler. Theres no blue to my hid kit. They are the top headlight for srt4s and most of the srt4s around have the black housings and sxts and r/ts . You two never had the black housings how would you know how the lighting is>Rather havemy black housings than some projectors that looks like bmw headlights.Noone has ever complained about the brightness of my hids . Alothave them withthe black housings . They are not stock they are aftermarket. Look at most of the srt4s and other neons on srt forums what do you see black housings and black ledstails.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Sorry nothing stock about the black housings they are made by depo not chrysler. Theres no blue to my hid kit . They are the top headlight for srt4s and most of the srt4s around have the black housings and sxts and r/ts . You two never had the black housings how would you know how the lighting is > Rather have my black housings than some projectors that looks like bmw headlights. Noone has ever complained about the brightness of my hids . Alot have them with the black housings . They are not stock they are aftermarket. Look at most of the srt4s and other neons on srt forums what do you see black housings and black leds tails.
Ummmm....well actually they are oem healights. So what if they are painted black in a small area and sold to you buy a different company, so I guess if you want to be technical they are 99%stock, and 1% aftermarket.
[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Sorry nothing stock about the black housings they are made by depo not chrysler. Theres no blue to my hid kit. They are the top headlight for srt4s and most of the srt4s around have the black housings and sxts and r/ts . You two never had the black housings how would you know how the lighting is>Rather havemy black housings than some projectors that looks like bmw headlights.Noone has ever complained about the brightness of my hids . Alothave them withthe black housings . They are not stock they are aftermarket. Look at most of the srt4s and other neons on srt forums what do you see black housings and black ledstails.
Soooooooooooo.....you're saying that hids in halogen headlights produces better lighting then it does in projector lamps? Oh...that must be why all the cars that come stock with hids DON'T use headlights made for halogen. Whatever, done arguing with you..enjoy your ricer headlights.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

Sorry nothing stock about the black housings they are made by depo not chrysler. Theres no blue to my hid kit . They are the top headlight for srt4s and most of the srt4s around have the black housings and sxts and r/ts . You two never had the black housings how would you know how the lighting is > Rather have my black housings than some projectors that looks like bmw headlights. Noone has ever complained about the brightness of my hids . Alot have them with the black housings . They are not stock they are aftermarket. Look at most of the srt4s and other neons on srt forums what do you see black housings and black leds tails.
Soooooooooooo.....you're saying that hids in halogen headlights produces better lighting then it does in projector lamps? Oh...that must be why all the cars that come stock with hids DON'T use headlights made for halogen. Whatever, done arguing with you..enjoy your ricer headlights.

It's ok lowslow, on day he'll learn. I know how you feel. Take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. lol

Old 12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
AirWolf

So your ride doesnt look like a ricer . Your have a sxt also. I may have a more show ride than you cause I Have mostly show mods like a bodykit, cf hood and trunk , vertical doors , wingless and debadged . Shaved doors and now on order is a hahn stage 2 turbo just like whats in my 96 neon. I was just saying theres more that like and have the black housings than the projectors which I do have on my 96 neon . They came out with 1st gen projectors before hak came out with his . Black housings arent rice . Too each is everyown I guess!

Quick Reply: 03-05 Projector Headlights