2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Just curious

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:05 PM
twk62390
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious

I kno that this is a common problem im probably almost every car but i was wondering how you guys fixed it. I got a 05 neon with 2 12s in a sealed box and most of the bass stays in the trunk. most of the time i just flip down the back seats and it sounds great. (lol. i kno thats ghetto)

Old 12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
chazlewood75
Rookie
Default RE: Just curious

Can't do much about that unless you want to put the speakers in the back seat or on the rear floor.

I was never a big fan of "big bass" because all you're really doing is saying "...look atme!!!" to everyone including thecops ANDyou end up with hearing loss.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:03 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

pull out your rear scrowed and cut out a 12' by12' hole then replace your shrouwd. you wount look getto but you will notice a difference in the sound

Old 12-28-2006, 02:00 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always had to have my back seat folded down when i had my stereo in the neon.....but i had 2 amps mounted inside the back of the seat so it didnt look too bad.....but even with the rear seat folded up it didnt make a huge difference since there was 4-12's in the trunk.....so i was able to make up for the space.....

i dont care too much for car stereos anymore......since my hearing is basically shot.....4 years of really loud stereos in ever car ive owned....and what do i have to show for it other then a half-dozen tickets???
65% hearing loss from my left ear, and about 45% in my right ear.......if i woulda kept listening to the stereos like i did, i would have to get a hearing aid by my 22nd birthday[&:]

Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

thanks for the advise grandpa. [ i drove up hill both ways in the snow]

Old 12-28-2006, 09:46 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

why not come over to the Audio/Video technical forum...im sure there are some answers there!

Old 12-29-2006, 09:58 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fullbuilt

[ i drove up hill both ways in the snow]
^that confuses me[&:]

and hey, maybe you should spell caliber right.....just fyi

Old 12-29-2006, 08:26 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

dont be mad, just kiddin

Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i put two buckets in my car, and put two tens in the center, they hit harder than any 12 in any neons trunk, because they are sitting right tword your ears, but the best thing is i do not go for bass, but sound quality, what is the point of having alot of bass???? my car hits hard and most of all the sound is in the car, i build sterios right, any person can hook up some subs and have them hit hard, but gettting good SQ that is a hole different ball game!! i put about 600 dollars into dynomating the whole car, including headliner, and the sound stays in the car, but that was alot of money to get it to sound good, and ALOT of messing with, to get the sound into the car, all you have to do is flip down the seat, not really getto, but you could also mount the subs in teh car, such as theback deck, and get the sound in the cab of the neon, but i could cut that down and say put one 12 in it, and forget the boom boom!!! and go with some good highs and mids, but hey that is just me

Old 12-30-2006, 12:47 AM
twk62390
Professional

thanks guys....sorry it took me so long to reply. been out of town. ive been thinking, has anybody tried putting like maybe 4 ports in the rear deck? would it make a great difference? Im not really worried about the looks of my seat being down because my amp is mounted to it but i have a habbit of leaving it down when im sumwhere or at school and dont wanna worry about it being showed all the time....or have to fold up the back seat everytime i go sumwhere

Quick Reply: Just curious