2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:35 AM
germaneonII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hi, my name is jan, i live in the western part of germany, right in the middle between heidelberg and kaiserslautern.
i drive a 2001 chrysler neon se, wit the 2.0 engine, and a manual MTX tranny. i am an electrical engineer, programming plc systems for gas storage and gas turbines.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:29 PM
joeyz

Hey my name is Joey, I live in Toronto Canada. I drive an 05 dodge neon (but up here their called dodge sx 2.0) its silver. Im lookin to do some upgrades and I figure I will find all I need on here, thanks.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
wanderingsilver

Just joined up as this is the best information I have found for my Neon. I have a 2004. I think it is as stock as it gets and possibly a fleet vehicle. I actually was happy to not have power locks or windows! I have had it since 2006 and I honestly love it. I think I may go buy another Neon but for now, I need to keep this thing running. It's silver, no spoiler, no frills, but it runs great besides a few small issues I hope to clear up. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 AM
xmodnsx

How's it goin? The name's Lance, I'm 20, and i'm from South-Central Indiana. My car is a Charcoal Grey Metallic 2003 SXT with only a set of 17" Motegi's to it's name as of now. Will be installing a sound system in it soon. I plan on doing quite a few mods to it, including the usual intake/body kit/euro lights jazz, but my plans are to go old-school rod style and put a set of functioning side pipes on it in place of side skirts. Thoughts?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:25 AM
yellow_66

Hello,
names David Currently Driving 04 SRT-4 with 113K, I also have a 2003 SXT with 130K all stock except a cold air intake. My first neon was a 1999 that I sold with 100K on the odometer and it was still running great. As you can see I have been a neon fan for a long time.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM
modernmopargod
Default hello everybody!!!!

I am the proud origional owner of a 2000 Plymouth Neon LX. It started life accidently misplaced in dealership inventory here in Las Vegas until 2003 when I saw it and wanted it...It had 14 miles on it. It was base crak windows 3 speed auto noA/C and I drove hat car stock for 80K miles with no issues....at 80 k miles it wa outlasted my old civic....ye I was a Honda guy before my Neon. Anyways I will ignore that part of my life.
So one day I found out you can do sme crazy s#@t to these cars, so I had the dealer look my engine over and they said all was good to do whatever. So I bought the hahn Stage 2 turbo kit, JE pistons and Eagle connecting rods, R/T cam, MSD ignition coil and 8mm wires, made my own cintake, APEXi adjustable cam gear and 3 inch exhaust into a flowtech muffler. I took the car over to B&M Transmission where they modified the transmission to handle the turbocharger. I blacked out the inside and outside of thecar, added drilled rotors and BAM!!! went Honda hunting in areas I ued to take my Cvic to. Last Dyno made 271FWHP and 285FWTQ and I love it. I want to add NOS and maybe stage 3 turbo kit

Old 01-28-2010, 12:28 PM
abk1234
Default NOODLEz

hi everyone
i go by noodlez and i have a 2.0 2001. i did the header and exhaust + intake....what else should i put in there for more hp and torque
pm me thx

Old 01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
stephuhknee22

Hi all,
My name is Stephanie, i am a new owner of my first car as of October. I drive a 2005 Dodge Neon (as mentioned above, aka SX 2.0), I'm new to the car AND forum world. Hope to do a bit of work come spring / summer, probably start with a CAI, sway bars, small little things like that. Any other ideas on what I could do on a low-ish budget? I dont want to go all out (as i said, im VERY new when it comes to cars) but i do want to start somewhere. Any suggestions of brand names or anything? All suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
XRyanX
Post Hello

Hey everyone, my name is Ryan. I'm 18 years old and recently became an owner of a 2000 Dodge Neon. It is actually my first car. I bought it used for $500 from a friend of my father's. I have been working on it for the last month or so repairing it and making it drivable. So far, I have put in a new battery, alternator, alternator belt, and brake pads for both of the front wheels. Slowly but surely it is coming together. In the mean time, I love working on it! It's a great experience. I've loved cars since I was younger, and to finally have one of my own that I can work on is a dream come true (Corny, I know). Anyways, by joining this site and communicating with all of you other Neon drivers out there I hope to gain more knowledge about my car. Hints, tips, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Orange Lighting

Just got another neon. 04 neon sxt wit 85500 miles. completely stock.
had a jeep wrangler guy offered to throw this car n on buyin the jeep off me. My first car at 16 was a '00 dodge neon ES and i did more things n that car than anyone should ever be able to do with a neon. hehe but i sold it and guy totaled it Now im back in the world of neons time to get to building.

As for me my name is Keith im a student at WVU Tech for Mechanical Engineering 2 yrs left.

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!