2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
turbo talon dl 94
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction...

I'm Pete and obviously new to this forum. I originally started out in the DSM community and learned to work on them with nothing but a Haynes manual, internet forums, and shade-trees whom were more experienced than myself. I no longer drive my 94 Turbo Talon any longer but it will not be that way for ever!!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM
tdkryu

Hello, I call my self tdkryu I'm from Texas I'm 29 an really just started my venture in to cars, mods an so on. My pops owned a shop for a while before I even learned to walk an after that he was one of the best shade tree mechanics around, He kept an old 66 C-10 pick up running for the longest, he mod ed his truck crazy like instead o the 6 cylinder that came stock he put a 350 out o a '80 Monte Carlo custom geared the trans for more torque an chopped the rear springs to make it set level coupled with a 411 posy track rear end it was great in a straight line, ok for trips to the lake an gas was cheaper then... I wasn't interested back then but I took some with me anyhow. I've had many the oldest I had was a '71 Olds Delta 88 that was my baby but alas the transmission went out I couldn't fix it, primarily my family through support behind GM Pontiac an Buick, I had a 96 Crown Vic that really my ex drove more than I even set in it, I finally got fortunate enough to get my love my '05 Dode Neon SXT (flame if ya want) this car spoke to me when I took it off the lot bought it use in '08 an still want so much more for it I baby this car but she has it when I need it, My goal is to modernize her kinda upgrade like... I have the touring rear wing with LED brake light in it, an want to change the Brake light assembly to the LED, out side cosmetics an such to give it a 2011 appeal but also the performance aspect engine, suspension, an interior like a navi screen in the dash an the gage panel to incorporate the turbo gage as well as the basics maybe even a digital speedometer

Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 AM
turbo talon dl 94
Amateur

Originally Posted by tdkryu
Hello, I call my self tdkryu I'm from Texas I'm 29 an really just started my venture in to cars, mods an so on. My pops owned a shop for a while before I even learned to walk an after that he was one of the best shade tree mechanics around, He kept an old 66 C-10 pick up running for the longest, he mod ed his truck crazy like instead o the 6 cylinder that came stock he put a 350 out o a '80 Monte Carlo custom geared the trans for more torque an chopped the rear springs to make it set level coupled with a 411 posy track rear end it was great in a straight line, ok for trips to the lake an gas was cheaper then... I wasn't interested back then but I took some with me anyhow. I've had many the oldest I had was a '71 Olds Delta 88 that was my baby but alas the transmission went out I couldn't fix it, primarily my family through support behind GM Pontiac an Buick, I had a 96 Crown Vic that really my ex drove more than I even set in it, I finally got fortunate enough to get my love my '05 Dode Neon SXT (flame if ya want) this car spoke to me when I took it off the lot bought it use in '08 an still want so much more for it I baby this car but she has it when I need it, My goal is to modernize her kinda upgrade like... I have the touring rear wing with LED brake light in it, an want to change the Brake light assembly to the LED, out side cosmetics an such to give it a 2011 appeal but also the performance aspect engine, suspension, an interior like a navi screen in the dash an the gage panel to incorporate the turbo gage as well as the basics maybe even a digital speedometer
Change your timing belt and then think about doing mods. I got my 03 in August 2010 with 66,000 miles and then read the maintenance for the belt. Every 7 SEVEN years or 104,000 miles. I'm glad I started on changing it because I found about 5 other issues that needed to be addressed. Combination switch for head lights started smoking (connector melting), alternator failed test right before Fall season, cant get the trans to stop leaking even with new gasket and torqued to spec BY THE BOOK, upper and lower torque mounts are SHOT, there is a small exhaust leak because the people who installed the new CAT didnt clamp it after, emissions control vapor purge pressure test pump, rear o2 sensor, and a very small hole in the muffler. If I can get all this fixed on my own then I will be getting RID of this car.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 AM
tdkryu

sofar I haven't had to do to much really just a cam sensor an a tune up, regular maintance stuff, I really like this look

Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Olskoolrodder

Originally Posted by Olskoolrodder
Hmmm...even with the 3 speed auto,didn't seem to have much problems with a Civic EX,(a friend's) '02 Eclipse GS,or any of a few Cavaliers/Cobalts this past week ,but don't tell the wife...it's "her car" .

Me thinks come tax refund season,I needs find me an '03+ SXT 5 speed or RT
A few months on it,several miles,a couple trips,here's what I've found...

Easily gets 30 MPG's in this mountainous area,hwy travel at 75-80 MPH we've gotten as much as 36.77 MPG's,and this astounds me having only a 3spd auto tranny,LMBO! Dependable,comfy...we really likes it. With tax refund time approaching,been researching the semi-local market. I found one (another 2000 ES-but with PW's,otherwise identical,but this one's red) for a low $2,000,I'll be giving it a serious look over this coming week when the weather breaks a bit (it's at a used dealership). Body's better than ours,interior's a bit rougher,was someone's work car I suppose.

Anyways,I was REALLY wanting a 5 speed (whether ES or SXT,RT or...),this one's also a 3 speed auto. But if it turns out to be a really good little car,I can't pass that price,what would be involved with a 5 speed conversion,assuming I could find a donor car? That price would leave around $1,500 left in the budget,I was thinking a SXT wing,see if I can find some used 17's or 18's,a bolt on or two...suggestions?

Thanks. Keep your fingers crossed to it's condition,might pay a deposit this week

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM
barryc
Default howdy

Barry here, from Easton, Pa...owned a Dodge a few years back...looking for another....Dart..

3 kids..thats it!!!

Hope to get to meet some new folks

Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 AM
str8rayzor

Hello all, my name is Ray I have a 2000 neon se with a 2.0sohc hopefully I'll be able to start modding soon but for now she's bone stock, pics will come in the future.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
foxydodgesx
Default New Member 2004 Dodge 2.0 SX (Canadian Neon)

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and purchased my first car (the above) about a month ago. Joined the site to get some insider info on the car and things I should know. Feel like a true dodge owner now !

Old 01-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Tonez dodge

Hi, my names Anthony I live in cleveland OH going to this institute of music but I'm actually Canadian I'm 19 and I drive a silver sx 2.0 from 2004with the sport trim level, used to drive a blue 2001 neon it was bare bones with a front door that wouldn't open, leaks in the trunk and I'd get ice on the floor when the water froze all winter in the backseat. Glad to be in my new 5 speed I just got it so I haven't really had a chance to do anything purdy or fast but am totally up for suggestions, im not in love with the stock muffler, it's not even a dual just that sh@$&y one that u cant really see. But I got no money so were stuck together for a while longer. I'm also hoping to drop it down a couple inches, tint her up, and figure out what I can do for more power. Should be fun. Anyways I joined cuz I've been googling questions for days and I hate searching on those stupid things why not join with a bunch of like minded people so here I am, happy to be here!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
pizzaboy25

Hey my name is Rob, I'm 29. I live in CT near the MA border.
I drive an 01 plymouth neon base 5sp.
I actually got the car from my brother with a dead starter and some battle scars, he had done some work to it but can remember all of it.
Since i got it i've replaced the starter, put a CAT back on, an ebay exhaust (it needed a muffler, and it was cheaper than stock shipped), and a new radio. This car was actually my 1st stick shift, i learned it pretty quick and now i never want to go back to an auto.

My brothers mods to the car are...
advanced the timing
kyb struts
eibach lowering springs (3")
msd pack
short throw
port and polish
shelled the cat and installed a magnaflow exhaust (gone when i got it.)

I actually just bought a new motor for the little beast since the current 1 has over 230k, new motor has 55k which i found at a steal for $225.

looking to do a full rebuild at this point. already got new kyb struts amd eibach springs (raising the car 1.5") on the way. for the new motor i already have my new cam, pinstons, rings, and gaskets on the way too.

any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. i want to resurrect the neon.
i'm also a firm beliver in "if you haven't bleed for/on your car.....it ain't really yours.)

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!