2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2001 Dodge Neon squeak/squeal from the motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM
midwestzero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Dodge Neon squeak/squeal from the motor

Thanks guys, I got the belt replaced and no more noise, I appriciate the help and will come back

Old 11-22-2011, 03:57 PM
cookies1606
Default dodge neon squeals when it rains

Hello everyone,
I have a 2004 dodge neon. here recently everytime we get a steady rain there's an aweful squealing coming from what I believe to be the rear passenger side wheel area. The first time this happened when I hit a good sized puddle, but not it happens everytime it rains, and it does it at least 10 times on my commute to school. Also, i get this burning smell, not sure if its like burning rubber or electrical. Any ideas? is there a belt back there that could be going out?

Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds more like the serpentine belts might need changing IMO. Are the belts good/old?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:28 AM
XxneonfreakxX

I have that same problem on my 96 neon. I know what ya mean by how loud and horrible the noise is. I live in northern minnesota and the weather right now is definitely makin it worse. I replaced the belt and put prestone on it and it hasnt made any noises since. Hopefully it helps ya out

Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have the splash shield, and a couple of winters ago, whenever the car sat out in the cold while I was at work or I hit a puddle, the thing squealed like crazy. Changed the belt and haven't had the problem since. Though, they are starting to make some noise. I guess they are about do for a change anyways due to the mileage on 'em.

Finally got the Bosch Iridium plugs from that contest (months later), so I might just wait a little longer and get new belts and wires too, and make a day of doing some tune-up stuff. My dang CEL came back on and I figured it was just the P0440 or P0441 again (that always comes on and then goes away on its own), but now I've got a P0456 code so I've got some hunting to do for that first since the light won't go away!

Last edited by darthroush; 11-28-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Grammarz...

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Neon squeak/squeal from the motor