2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

The Official MegaSquirt FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Dustinicus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official MegaSquirt FAQ

Off a little i am seriously ordering thiskit right now and i wanted to know if the (MegaSquirt I ECU kit v2.2) has a spark controler included with it, because i will not be needing that right away, i am more interested in fuel management, then ill go to spark later down the road, i am running my shadow N/A for now, and im not even sure if this is the right place to post such things but i did a search and this was the first page that popped up, i guess i just want a fuel management sustem, the price looks right if if some one shot me an email or pm with any additional information that would be wonderful, i guesss along with that kit i want to know if it has a spark controler with it, and if there are any other things i should be ordering along with this kit...

I know I ramble...
Thanks for listening...
-Dustinicus

Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

yea it will have the spark control with it, but you dont need to hook it up if you dont want to. this is a neon section, but i think its the only megasquirt thread here lol. try msefi.com for more questions. you will probably get a better response there

Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
2001dodgeneon

Is mega squirt the best engine management for a neon?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

ok, now i know that ms has a TON of advantages!!! a friend of mine has one on his civic and loves it, he talks about a "pretune" if u have a wideband?? i have a wideband, and need to know will this work with our neons like it did his honda?? it gets the ve tables to run rich so the car is able to be driven, even though u have to lean them out later..... is this something that we can do as neon owners?? he is going to help me with the install and i need to make sure that he is going to be giving me right info???

also

he has a rpm shift light in his car( ran off ms) can we do that to the neons even the wiring is ran off of a 2 cylinder rating? i really want to do this and get rid of my tach, keep it kinda sleeperish??????????

Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

if you mean start with a base map and then have the megasquirt tune the rest of it for you then yes, it can be done. autotune is a feature in megatune that does it, but in my opinion it works like crap. i prefer to go out for a drive while logging the whole thing and then put it into the logviewer program which haa something called ve analizer. it will look through your whole log and give you a suggested ve table. that works great..

and yes you can run a shift light. its one of the outputs, but you have to solder something on the main board. i dont know exactly how to do it, your friend might though, and i know it says it in the megamanual. i believe the 2 cyl thing doesnt matter because it probably runs off the crank signal, which is the same way it sees rpm anyway so i assume that would look to the same thing

Old 08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
rsalgado29

Is the MS only for the srt-4 neon or could I use it for the sxt 05 non turbo?
I got the jet chip but it was a waste of money nothing happen and here in colorado it's been raining and It got water damage and my car wouldn't start I was thinking it was my CAI that grab water but it wasnt it was the jet product because the symptoms where that my car started but then it turn oof and the Tachometer wouldnt work, after removeing the jet control module the check engine light when on so I took the batery cable off and then put it back on and it works. chasam the jet product suck *****.
IS that true that all the stock pcm for 05 neons void every bolt on upgrade that I put on?How bout if I put the APEXi S-AFC NEO would that work? or is that only for turbo and vtec I found that at modernperformance.com but it only talks about vtec.
o I need to put a clutch would a stage 1 fidanza with flywheel work or its BS? should I buy the oem one?

My neon is an 05sxt I only have the srt exhaust and the cai and UDP.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

first, no your pcm will not cancel any upgrade you put on. you would get more power if it were put on a 02 and below neon, but you still do get some power. yes, you can run your car on a megasquirt. i had mine, non turbo and running on the megasquirt for quite some time and it was fine. i actually am selling my megasquirt, with all the sensors and wiring you need, so if you want it pm me.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Isakill
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have any updates to this.. it seems the last post to this thread was 2 years ago.
Plus sourcing both the VB921 and the Fairchild ISL9V5036P3 are getting scarce because Mouser and digikey are both turning to RoHS compliant parts.. Thus the LC of those components are over.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
jamesyb
Default Megasquirt install on 2004 Neon 2.0

Having trouble understanding the injector and IAC wiring. Can anyone who has installed one help. Why do they run four wires out of the box then splice to two to only have to resplice them to 4 before hooking up the injectors? Also the IAC on the neon has three wires and we have 4 coming out of the box. The wiring diagram is vague on what wire goes where to the IAC.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
anisdemora
Default Need some help megasquirt

Hi looking for info on megasquirt assembling guide for 420a
i have this items

ms1 pcb 3.0
extra coil driver
gm iat
gm coolant temp
wirring harness

Quick Reply: The Official MegaSquirt FAQ