Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official 2nd Gen FAQ

ORIGINAL: Andpto

Chips dont work on neons. 00-05

03neonrt is there a reason for taking it off the sticky? just wondering
Its still in the main FAQ, this post was just the beta version of the FAQ way back when, then I added in the performance/part write-ups (with help from a couple other members) info and everything else that's in the current thread up top.

ORIGINAL: djmagic

03 if you buy the lights and bumpers they are interchangable right? Also the srt-4 thing, could a pt cruiser turbo tranny work?
The PT Cruiser GT manual transmission is the same Te850 thats in the Neon SRT-4...the transmission mount is the only difference IIRC. AS for the front end, if you want to convert to an 03-05 front end all you need is the bumper and headlights.

ORIGINAL: Adionik

The UDP made my AC run like ****. It takes forever to get cold now and DEFFINETELY is not as cold as it was before. It's just now that i'm starting to use it again after the UDP install that I can really tell the difference.
I still to this day have never had any issues with my UR UDP...the A/C still runs just as good as it did when it was on a stock pulley.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

03neonRT i was told by another source that the pt cruiser turbo autostick tranny wouldnt work with the SRT-4 engine but you are a more reliable source

Old 04-14-2008, 05:54 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: djmagic

03neonRT i was told by another source that the pt cruiser turbo autostick tranny wouldnt work with the SRT-4 engine but you are a more reliable source
The SRT-4 and PT Cruiser GT engines are identical (even though they have slightly different designations A855/A853), and the Autostick 41TE transmission will mechanically work with the SRT-4 A855 engine, the problem is in the PCM and electronics. AFAIK, the PT GT uses a different PCM and wiring, so the autostick functionality wouldnt be able to carry over since you would be using an SRT-4 PCM. I'm sure someone on SRT Forums has made it work though...

Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

no problem since that project is far down the road, just curious that is what the other guy said. So everything except the autostick will work?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 PM
rsalgado29

You guys are telling me a bunch of stuff that I don't even know but maighbe am stupid but what is a driver mod?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Adionik
Champion

The driver mod is getting better at driving in general. Neon3se is just a nut hugger on graphite, despite having a hot girlfriend.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
rsalgado29

lol just playing.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
rsalgado29

Hey I found some product in modern performance does this work with a non turbo neon?and if you can give me a good specific explanation of what this thing does but don't give me a chapter explanation I just want and specific one.
http://www.modernperformance.com/pro...oducts_id=1172
thanks.

ps.the only reason why am trying to give more to my car is because am sick and tired of getting beat by an Integra GSR with a Mugen engine swap is there a way I can bit this bitch?.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 AM
GrApHite03

First that thing will do nothing for your car.

Second you'll have a hard time beating a USDM GSR, never mind a mugen swap. (whatever that is) The USDM version of the B18C1 makes 170hp and doesn't cut fuel until about 8300rpms on that little 1.8l in stock form. Never underestimate a Honda engine as they are some of the most superior engines out there.

BTW, tell your boy that Mugen Motorsports, or M-TEC, only makes parts for Honda motors... not actually full engine swaps. They are what Saleen is to Ford or Alpina is to BMW.

k3v

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Adionik

The driver mod is getting better at driving in general. Neon3se is just a nut hugger on graphite, despite having a hot girlfriend.
I saw an opportunity and took it. 03RT did the same thing to me a while back.

Nut hugging huh, that's clever. Good Job

Rsalgado it was a funny thats all. Boredom kicked in lol. As for modding your neon, I definetely tried that route for a bit and saw nothing but money down the tube. There are things that can make your car run better but to make it fast is gonna take a lot of money and work.

Read the FAQ in the sticky at the top, it has a lot of good information. Also, if you use the search function,a lot of the time you'll find what you need. Some other forum's search functionsuck but this one is pretty good. Ifyou don't find what you need, post up and people will help you the best they can.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen FAQ