2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

The Official 2nd Gen FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official 2nd Gen FAQ

rsalgado29 this is woosh off of Cardomain Just incase you couldnt put 2 and 2 together...

Here is the standing.

If you want true control over your cars performance, there is just one thing you can do for an ECU:

MegaSquirt!!! Information can be found here on what it is and what you need:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_677291/tm.htm

And how is everything they are saying the opposite of what I said?? I said the only way to truely get anything from your cars stock ECU is to take the original ECU out of the equation for the control over Air/Fuel maps and ratios. This can be done with the megasquirt system.

As well, There are 2 BIG disputes over UDP's

Some people notice big drains from accesseries, others don't see to much of a loss (as they don't rely on them as much.).

If you plan on running a big stereo, or plan on using a lot of your accesseries a UDP is just not for you. I drive with my windows down during the summer. If your moving, your cool

Thirdly, Howell should know better than to sell the Jet chips to 03+ owners. It does nothing for performance as the ECU just voids it out.

As I WANTED to say in the cardomain post:

The ECU will void out quite a bit of the performance given to you by the minor bolt ons like the intake, the header, etc.

It is possible to make a decent amount of power, like graphite over here whom I plan to beat sometime

Another reason for a lack of performance seen from parts is that the neons come with pretty decent intake system and a great exhaust system. Its big enough, and pretty much a straight pipe until you hit the rear portion of the exhaust. So, replacing these decent working parts with better ones won't net you much. It is how much work you put into the entire system of parts that will determine how much of an increase you will see.

fourth and last, just keep working on your intake and exhaust problems. If you have questions on parts, we are more than willing to help.

Once you're done with those basics, you can then start talking about new pulley's, camshafts, cam timing, and other mods. You're ecu will make sure you are always where you should be for air/fuel

Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

^well worded

Old 04-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Adionik
Champion

ORIGINAL: neon03se

ORIGINAL: Adionik

The driver mod is getting better at driving in general. Neon3se is just a nut hugger on graphite, despite having a hot girlfriend.
I saw an opportunity and took it. 03RT did the same thing to me a while back.

Nut hugging huh, that's clever. Good Job

Rsalgado it was a funny thats all. Boredom kicked in lol. As for modding your neon, I definetely tried that route for a bit and saw nothing but money down the tube. There are things that can make your car run better but to make it fast is gonna take a lot of money and work.

Read the FAQ in the sticky at the top, it has a lot of good information. Also, if you use the search function,a lot of the time you'll find what you need. Some other forum's search functionsuck but this one is pretty good. Ifyou don't find what you need, post up and people will help you the best they can.
I'm joking fool...no need to get your 50 trims panties in a bunch

Old 04-15-2008, 04:25 AM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Freerider

It is possible to make a decent amount of power, like graphite over here whom I plan to beat sometime
I hope you do... I don't have the car anymore so the numbers aren't getting any higher. Keep in mind once you take your NGC out for MS you are out of my class. Remember i did it on a stock NGC ecu and stock bottom end.

good luck

Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Yup, keeping it on the stock ECU for a while as well. I need to ask you some questions next time I catch on on instant messanger about what you did for timing...

Anywho, we will see once I start mocking up everything on the car how this will go.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 AM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Freerider

Yup, keeping it on the stock ECU for a while as well. I need to ask you some questions next time I catch on on instant messanger about what you did for timing...

Anywho, we will see once I start mocking up everything on the car how this will go.
one guy on 2gn.org came real close, but didn't beat it. AFAIK no one has beat my numbers. As for timing, i did nothing. stock timing.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
rsalgado29

Thanks for the support you guys but this is becoming very hard to tune a neon I thing ill do what freerider toldme stay with the cold air intake and exhaust lol.

O and about the Integra it does have a Japanese engine it did came from japan but it's I guess that's hom much you guys know aboutJDM'S ACURA and Honda its the same **** they both have V-tech.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
rsalgado29

Dude he did had an engine swap
if the mustang from tokio drift had an engine swap.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: rsalgado29

O and about the Integra it does have a Japanese engine it did came from japan but it's I guess that's hom much you guys know aboutJDM'S ACURA and Honda its the same **** they both have V-tech.
You did not say Japanese engine, you specifically said Mugen. Mugen does not make engines. bottom line. Please don't try to assume what i don't and do know about Honda. Yes, Honda and Acura are the same... No ****. And you are wrong, not all have VTEC.

and by the way...

V-TECH:

VTEC:

if the mustang from tokio drift had an engine swap.
This explains everything...

Old 04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Adionik
Champion

Thanks for the support you guys but this is becoming very hard to tune a neon I thing ill do what freerider toldme stay with the cold air intake and exhaust lol.

Swear filters take the fun out of calling you a ****ing moron

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen FAQ