2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

racing histories

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:07 AM
manYsxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing histories

-ok.. instead of this beign a " ask question " post! lets try to do something fun to read..
plz tell your street racing histories.. against what cars have you raced and what happened.. would be good to tell, if they were modded, ATX/MTX, from a rool or from 0.. you know, make it interesting...

-the first car i raced when i bought my neon back in 2004.. was a atx 94 mirage.. completely stock ( 1.5L) and with 140k in the engine,, i beated the **** out of him from 0 - 80 i had like 6 cars ahead ( hard to tell when u r smiling so big ur chicks wont let you see the mirror )..
aww.. i remember my first race.. i was so happy! ...

Old 02-24-2007, 03:27 AM
contagious19
Champion
Default RE: racing histories

um my first race was 6 afrer i bought my car, (i had to learn how to drive stick first.) it was a civic ex. all i kno is dat he had a short raim intake. well he challenged me on the stop light. i wasnt going to back out. and right from take off i had him. i beat him by 3 cars. but as history goes wit racing, i mostly have raced hondas, which i love to beat, but i do have my occasionly run ins wit acuras.

But i got to say, my favorite race was against a V6 Mustang. i gave him a small head start and it was fun playing catch up. but i ended up beating him by 3/4 car length. he gave me a thumbs up and we parted our ways

Old 02-24-2007, 03:33 AM
crracerus
Rookie

the best race ive ever had was against my friends 03 accord v6. that car surprised the hell out of me! he had a cai. he beat me by 2 cars from a 30 roll...i got him by five from a dead stop. my car is sick from a 20 roll in first gear. HONDAS ARE NO MATCH FOR THAT MOPAR POWER!!!

Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: crracerus

...i got him by five from a dead stop. my car is sick from a 20 roll in first gear.
Thats thanks to the wonderful 3.94 final drive gear ratio...

Old 02-24-2007, 05:19 AM
wanabesrt

But i got to say, my favorite race was against a V6 Mustang. i gave him a small head start and it was fun playing catch up. but i ended up beating him by 3/4 car length. he gave me a thumbs up and we parted our ways
[/quote]

Theres no way our 4-cylinder bangers can keep up w/ v6 stangs

Old 02-24-2007, 05:21 AM
wanabesrt

only cars ive beat have been..

04 honda civic ex

02 silverado v6

02 nissan frontier

jeep liberty's spank me and so do sport track ford explorer lmao

Old 02-24-2007, 06:01 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

My first race was against a Civic LX. Haha, he had full intake and exhaust... and I only had my K&N at the time. I took him by a car length to a half a car. He was MTx and I am auto. I felt so good because I had 3 people in the car and he had only himself in the driver seat.

[sm=gears.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 02-24-2007, 06:01 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: wanabesrt

Theres no way our 4-cylinder bangers can keep up w/ v6 stangs
Against the 05+ V6 Mustangs you would be correct, but any V6 Mustang before that is open game. I cant say what the base Neons can do to one from experience, but I know I can beat them quite easily with my R/T...

ORIGINAL: Freerider

My first race was against a Civic LX. Haha, he had full intake and exhaust... and I only had my K&N at the time. I took him by a car length to a half a car. He was MTx and I am auto. I felt so good because I had 3 people in the car and he had only himself in the driver seat.

Lol, torque is your friend!!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

haha, I might have a few more kill stories here in a couple weeks. When I go back for spring break I have a bunch of old car buddies (including that civic) who want re-matches. They don't know I have more than an intake now though

Old 02-24-2007, 01:21 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

The Best story I have we'll that I can really remember anymore...when I had just cracked the 1000 mile mark on my car back in '04 I was leaving a McDonalds I "accidently" cut off a Lexus (older model, didnt get to see what the badges said) and he got next to me and I noticed it was a bunch of teenagers in mom and dads car....they wantedto put the hammer down and well I followedsuit and we'll we went about a mile or two just light to light and the neon got them each time.... even got her up to 120 at one time(downhill)

Quick Reply: racing histories