Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scion tc vs. neon

ORIGINAL: SXTspeed

lol very funny...
answer a question for me first. do you know if the pt performance neon turbo kit is out yet or did they cancel it?
Haha thought you'd appreciate that! The PTP Performance Kit has not been released yet, but it hasnt been canceled eiter. The word is that the kit is still in final testing phase on a few mules to work out any bugs in their kit...the original relase date was June 2007 but that doesnt seem possible at the moment...

Oh and it was Mike (Spikeymikey87) that said he beat a turbo TC...i didnt notice it at the time and now I dont know if he was kidding or was drinking heavily at the time ...

Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 PM
gabo

just follow the table n u will be ok!!!

Round eye - Domestic cars
Streched outeyes - Import cars

i gotta admit my fav import is nissan and thats about it.
but yes im a honda, toyota, mitsu hater, wat can i do i love my dodge neon and i like helping our economy.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
AirWolf

just sayin dont underestimate imports of any kind . I know several imports that can rock any srt4 or most fast domestics like a supra ,sti,evo,skyline,silvia,. Those are the meanest imports ever. I like the scion tc it looks pretty nice and rides nicely and you can mod the crap out if it from the dealer .

Old 03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

just sayin dont underestimate imports of any kind . I know several imports that can rock any srt4 or most fast domestics like a supra ,sti,evo,skyline,silvia,. Those are the meanest imports ever. I like the scion tc it looks pretty nice and rides nicely and you can mod the crap out if it from the dealer .
Obviously; why would u underestimate imports???
The Supra, STi, evo, etc are also more money too.

Stock auto neons are slower than the manuals PERIOD.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 PM
AirWolf

I wasnt saying stock auto neons I was talkin about modded engine wise auto neons arent bad in speed.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

stock auto neon = teh slow

Old 03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
AirWolf

Yeah stock auto neons are crap and so are 5 speed stock neons not srt4s or r/ts . My auto 04 and 1st gen arent stock . So yeah stock neons 5speed or auto and stock scion 5speed or auto are pretty much dead even. Modded awhole different story in both rides auto or stick.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 AM
manYsxt

ok.. dont know if this will help.. but ima talk about my exp. since one friend of mine who grew up with me have a MTX Tc. and my girlfriend have an ATX Tc.. look this cars arent the fastest imports on the street.. but ive raced against manual neons and they dont get more that one or 1 1/2 cars of my bumper.. when i fool around with my girl , (who is not a racer and race with A/C on ) she kicks the **** out of me easily.. and the manual..!! look .. when i raced against the manual we took off and i was 2 cars ahead he simply reclutch and in the first gear he was right in my rear bumper . when he shifted to 2nd he was ahead by a car already and in 3rd.. man. it still hurts [&:]. so basically.. Tc arent the fastest imports BUT 2.0 SOHC neons ( even manuals ) will hav a hard time catching up with any Tc. manual or auto..! the RT sincerely i dont know i havent seen much of those in Puerto Rico ( but maybe 03neonRT knows how many RT's were sent to puerto rico.)

i talk about my experiences.. since i hav had the opportunity of driving both MT and AT scions.
i do love my neon but reality or the reality i know is that non SOHC neon can defeat any scion stock to stock.! .. i dont hav the intention of arguing with someone.. ( maybe scions here in puerto rico are faster..!)[8D]

Old 03-10-2007, 04:19 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: manYsxt

the RT sincerely i dont know i havent seen much of those in Puerto Rico ( but maybe 03neonRT knows how many RT's were sent to puerto rico.)
From 01-04 less then 8,000 R/T's were built, and only something like 10% was exported in total...so between the UK, Europe, and Puerto Rico only 800 or so R/Ts were exported...

Old 03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Hey freerider, whats wrong with korean cars, my uncle put a lot of time into building those cars... just kidding. Just look at it this way, I'm part asian and I love my neon because it is roomier inside than the imports. Also airwolf, depending on the year of the supra and the skyline are out of the stock SRT-4's. But I agree with sxtspeed, I come back after two days off and this post is up to four pages! And yeah it would be hard to take a picture doing 75.

Quick Reply: scion tc vs. neon