2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Why everyone bought Neons

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why everyone bought Neons

I agree that Dodge made a bad move. Mine also ran good until my wreck. Japenese cars = small because most asians are small but I'm the exception. Like I tell my friends, every now and then we like to make our Koreans big.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:20 PM
idiefast

Well to tell you the truth, like most young people living in the world of imports, I was looking at cars like the Civics and Eclipses. Then one day while, I heard a friend of mine chatting about how his Neon was taking out guys left and right, that got me initially interesting in the car. So then I asked him on his views of the car and he said it was great, I did some research and found the look to be a bit more appealing than the Civic, and then became really interested in it, though I was still more on the imports side. Then the big moment came when my boss had me drive her Neon home for her. It was just a 03 base model, but as soon as I turned it on, I fell in love. After that, all I could think about was the Neon and how much I wanted one (with power windows though) and after hunting around and finally talking my mom in to it (still a minor so can't sign for loans and finances) finally got my 2005 Neon SXT. At the moment I am not using it because I am waiting for insurance to come through, however, I do hope to be driving it soon enough, and from there, hopefully some modding.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:35 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

My reasoning is pretty simple, 16, newcar, cheap, parents, good color, green sheet= done deal.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
lblackneon
Champion

I also liked the fact that my neon had 2 power windows while my friends Corolla S only had one.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
blk94z28
Professional

I bought mine because I do not want to drive my camaro everyday. And I had a 92 vw golf which broke down quite often and I got tired of it. I wanted to spend about 5k and get something somewhat newer with lower miles. I searched on friday and sat, than I found this neon. I took it for a test drive and loved it. It ran great, is loaded with a sunroof, etc. So I went to the bank on sat and took the car home. I did not think I would like it as much as I do but I love it. Now I dont have to worry about breaking down 2-3 times a month which is great.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM
R3S

Well, I first bought a 95 sport 4 door white in 99, with around 55K miles on it. I loved that car because of the roomines inside, the "small car" look outside, big engine, 5 speed tranny and that stiff suspension..
Right now I have an 03 LE with automatic boughttwo years ago(not that much fun without the manual trans, but at 1.sec lower on0-60mphits agood deal...)
Thesecars are a hidden wolf inlamb skin, butnobody seems to know it... GREAT power for a 2.0, nobodyon streets wants them (at leat to stealthem...) cheap to get, cheap to run, cheap for modifiying, and providing fun and entertainment of more expensive cars... 2nd Genis by far more refined than the 1st gen, and still conserves that characterisitic DNA.... I did not like the Caliber... cramped interior,no aerodinamic styling, and small trunk...

Old 03-11-2007, 04:30 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

I used to drive cars at my old job. I drove all neons from 1st gen, 2nd and SRT-4s. I also drove calibers[:'(]. The first gen was a little too small for my 6ft 8in frame. Of course second gens are fine since I own one. And the SRT-4 is on the same boat. The calibers have room but are ugly. If my car was alive it would beat the crap out of me and I felt that I disgraced my baby. Funny story though, Ipulled outa SRT-4 and parked it. The guy asked me to do a few favors and just talked to him and metioned that I own a neon. Well I went to move it up and since it was stick, the e-brake was on. Forgot to take it offfor two car lenghts. Realized what I did after I stopped. The funny part is the owner came up to me and asked me if my neon had an e-brake. Still was one of the best days of my life.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
shapecharge

To be honest, the 2000 Neon I drive was bought for my wife. Before we met her mother said she would be her a car. She had just returned from Japan, she is in the Air Force too. So they went to Carmax. My wife did not want to owe her mother anything so she picked the cheapest thing she could find. It was and automatic 2000 Neon. When we got together I was driving a '84 RamCharger, 360ci, straight exhaust, 6" lift with 35" tires. My wife is 5'6". She could not get into it. Well we got married and our family go bigger. To make a long story a little bit shorter. I recently bought her a BMW 330i. I now drive the Neon. I told her that if I was going to drive it,I had to make it a little more me. I have never had a car that was completely stock. She did not like the idea of me messin' with the Neon, but hello, she drives a BMW. So that is how I got the Neon.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

I just bought my Neon yesterday an the reason I got it was, It was cheap, low milage, all black, an just nice. It isnt a stick which sucks but, Im still going to get some boost and what not around June I hope. But they are nice little cars with good gas milage, for now...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 AM
l_pillon
Professional

i got my 2000 neon for 1500 bucks from the family lol......low mileage too...it was grandmas car that we bought brand new and now she cant drive so ching ching i got myself a sweet car......tinted the windows and dropped a good system in it.. nice weather isnt to far away so the cold air intake is comin in...maybe a wing, set of rims / tires as well as exhaust....then it be really fun to drive...any upgrades in the hp department would make it more fun....my brother has a 2000 jetta gls turbo and he runs me down like im standin still....there pretty quick car .....it be fun to smoke him one day lol

Quick Reply: Why everyone bought Neons