Why everyone bought Neons

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why everyone bought Neons

ORIGINAL: l_pillon

i got my 2000 neon for 1500 bucks from the family lol......low mileage too...it was grandmas car that we bought brand new and now she cant drive so ching ching i got myself a sweet car......tinted the windows and dropped a good system in it.. nice weather isnt to far away so the cold air intake is comin in...maybe a wing, set of rims / tires as well as exhaust....then it be really fun to drive...any upgrades in the hp department would make it more fun....my brother has a 2000 jetta gls turbo and he runs me down like im standin still....there pretty quick car .....it be fun to smoke him one day lol
I would def. upgrade the trans down the line.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Andpto
All Star

well when i turned 16 i was looking into some cars. I looked into mustangs, tacoma's, and hondas (i know....). But i never thought i would get a neon. My parents were looking for a car for me but they were on a budget since mt dad had purchase a used 2002 benz. One day my mother calls me with the news that she bought me a car. A red 2000 atx neon with 76000 miles for 2K. I was like a neon..... i was kinda dissapointedat first. But in the end i love this car.I have done some minor mods like Aem CAI, indash dvd player, and new speakers. I plan on doing so much more when i get more money. and when i go to college im gonna get an SRT-4!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 AM
contagious19
Champion

um i was 17 and i wantd a car. well me and my parents were lookin around for cars and we saw like 4 civics. well we went 2 dis one dealership and saw a 2002 black civic. dan across da street was another dealership wit a flame red 2000 dodge neon 5 spd. well i convinced my parents to co-sign for me( they heard bad thing about dodge and dey didnt like da idea) well they co-signed for me and i drove da car home. i love it ever since.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
MellowYellow_SxT

Well it all started over the summer, my friend and I jumped in my ****ty ford slowpaz and started heading off to Ozzfest... when all hell broke loose and the automatic transmission died (wouldn't shift out of first). So my mother actually, who owns an 04 neon sxt lent me her car for the weekend to go to the show... I loved the thing (it was automatic, but fun!) flying down i-90 at an average speed of 100mph... I fell in love with the thing.

When we got back from the show, turned out repairing the transmission would cost more than i bought the P.O.S for, so I started looking for a new car. Found a could SRT-4s, but insurance quotes drove me away (I'm 19 lol). Found this little sweet yellow 04 mtx with 53k miles on it.. paid about 9k. Been having fun smoking civics with fart cans ever since.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

I bought mine after years of wanting one!!! I originally wanted to get a 1st gen. R/T yet, I seen this car and fell for it....I have had it for 3 years in April....

Quick Reply: Why everyone bought Neons