2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

My car has a rear swaybar!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
blk94z28
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car has a rear swaybar!!

Im pretty sure i read that only models that have the rear swaybar are the rt, acr, srt. I dont have rear disk brakes so Im pretty sure I do not have the acr model. But i was rotating my tires today and noticed that there was a rear swaybar there. Guess that is one less mod that I have to do. I noticed it had the Tokico rear struts with the chrysler emblem. Are these factory? Btw I just bought this car and this is the first time i looked under the car at all. I always thought it handled pretty well, this probably has something to do with that haha.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: My car has a rear swaybar!!

The only Neons that did not come with Tokico struts were the ACR's...the spring rates are still different between the base Neon and the R/T, ACR, SRT-4. And yes, many SXT's did come with a rear sway bar, a 17mm I believe (ACR-R/T have a 19mm rear, 22mm front).

Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
blk94z28
Professional

Would you recomend installing srt4 springs to get a little lower of a ride, maybe a small increase in handling? Or wont I noticed any diference with them?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

SRT-4 springs will give you a .25" drop...maybea little better handling, but really, nothing you would notice IMO.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

I agree with 03. Truely there is no reason to upgrade to SRT springs. The benefits are minimal. EVen if you autocross the springs would bump you up a class. If you are wanting better handeling, Go for something that will vatly improve over stock instead of a marginal increase. (plus in autocross you will be put in the same class as with the SRT springs...). So, I see no reason to install the springs.

Also the springs are slightly different than the original right 03? I think with the SRT springs your stock wheels might rub. I remember heaing it somewhere.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I was pretty sure that no sxts came with a sway bar from the factory. My car did not even have anything to mount a rear sway bar to the struts. I had to get parts to do that. I will obviously upgrade to probably coilovers so it will have the mount.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
blk94z28
Professional

I do not play on doing any autox with the car. I dont mind lowering it but I do not want to lower it alot because I will be driving the car in the snow. I would go with coil overs but I dont want to spend that much money. The most I would want to lower it is .75 - 1inch.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

I was pretty sure that no sxts came with a sway bar from the factory. My car did not even have anything to mount a rear sway bar to the struts. I had to get parts to do that. I will obviously upgrade to probably coilovers so it will have the mount.
The only SXT's that came with rear sway bars are ones with a "Sport" package (or whatever clever name Dodge came up with)...just like a few SXT's also got rear disc brakes and ABS...

ORIGINAL: Freerider

Also the springs are slightly different than the original right 03? I think with the SRT springs your stock wheels might rub. I remember heaing it somewhere.
Yeah, the spring rates are different, just like the R/T spring rates are different then the base Neons spring rates. The SRT springs themselves are just a little bit shorter (since the SRT-4 struts spring perches are higher) but there shouldnt be any wheel rubbing issues with just installing springs...

Quick Reply: My car has a rear swaybar!!