2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Bouncer88
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Sprayed the whole undercarraige down with wd-40/brake cleaner and wiped it down.

Looks soooooooo much better.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well yesterday i got to replace a break line. was a 3/16 line that came from a coupler and went to what i believe is the abs unit (not sure tho) Also, it had 2 different size threads on it. one side was for the 3/16 line and the other for a 1/4 inch line. thought that was wierd. had to get the 3/16 inch line and then an adapter to make the other threads work. not hard just glad i brought the line and the nuts to napa w/ me.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM
RamManRiley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

she pulled out a jeep liberty last night. funny thing is i didnt even feel it the thing just grabed it and yanked it out. gotta love the 5.9.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

does anyone know of an easier way to change the Damned Headlight Assembly?
it took me about 1 min to get the old one out.. but to get the new one in I needed to pull the headlight out of the bracket, adjust my pushbar to give space, slip the bracket in at such wierd angles just to get it in.. then stuff the headlight back in making sure to hit the adjustment pockets. then replace those damned clips. before bolting everything back into place.

but finally got the **** done.. pics i'll get once it gets dark again.. they look brighter even though they're still the same HIDS, and just new OEM assemblies again. .at least they're not covered in that brownish tint lights tend to get.

speaking of which, whats the best way to prevent that tint from returning?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

Sinister youve got hid's in there?? whatcha think of them? where did u get them? do they make that much diffrence?

as for it yellowing i dont think there is any way to prevent it but u can use a fine grit sand paper and wet sand it out

Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

For the first time since I owned it I washed it, but I don't know how it looks cause it got dark as I was drying it and shining the tires...[&:]

Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: ryans590

Sinister youve got hid's in there?? whatcha think of them? where did u get them? do they make that much diffrence?

as for it yellowing i dont think there is any way to prevent it but u can use a fine grit sand paper and wet sand it out
I would like to know about the HID's as well. As for the yellowing on the outside, you can use random orbitalpolisher and a heavier grit paint polish once or twice a year and it shouldn't ever happen. I have this one and use it with the autopia setup: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html

Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels
ORIGINAL: ryans590
I would like to know about the HID's as well. As for the yellowing on the outside, you can use random orbitalpolisher and a heavier grit paint polish once or twice a year and it shouldn't ever happen. I have this one and use it with the autopia setup: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html
Thanks to both of ya.- i'll maybe polish them since both HLa's are brand new out of the box now..

HIDs.. well ****.. how to explain it.. you can see a roadsign reflecting back at least 500m down the road,., they lighten up everything, and are much better than some PIAAs or other cheap HighOutput light.

i've never though to actually take a picture of what it lights up, just of the lights themselves, once it finally gets dark enough outside tonight, i'll snap a couple pics., its 8:00 here and we still have probably another hour of daylight left

My HIDs are SilverEagle 6000k, I bought them at JBPower in Edmonton, who gets their supply from 'DIX'- apparently they were imported from china (the instructions chinese & english), but most other setups should be the same.. you have a choice between 2 and 4 ballast., which means you'd have low (2) or high/low (4). I picked the 2- and it was about 500+taxes and since i have two sets of foglights, i figured to set them up as 'highbeam' ; they light infront of me, and mainly where the hole is the HIDs dont cover in HI mode. the 4 ballast were about 100bucks more.

one warning though:: ANY HID installation MUST be done correctly so the bulbs are seated and will not move, they get hot enough to melt the assembly right through and possibly can cause fire.. warranty isnt covered if installed incorrectly.

- the light grommit will sit first then place that grey locking piece on, lock that into place, then stick bulb into grommit, and lock the bulb into place. doesnt move then.

- i'll update as soon as i get those pictures.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

yah i sell/install the hid's at work but never herd what anyone thought of them after the ones we sell are "N Motion" and we sell piaa ones and kc ones too i suspose i just wanted to know if the 500 to 600 is worth it

Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

personally to me, yes.

funny.. only small cars and vans are really flashing me, when im on low.... trucks sitting higher aren't bothered... guess i'll have to reangle them.

backup

hmm- looks like my tag lights are out.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?