2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Head gasket or intake gasket? I'm willing to bet you're head is either cracked or you fubar'd the gasket install.

Scrapped three days worth of leaves off the cowl...drove it

Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

drove it. boy, it sure gets up to 90 real quick now haha. thing is runnin like a dream. gotta change out the break in oil. gonna do that with my first paycheck, and hopefully start ordering new motor mounts.

been puttin the miles on it lately, but its breakin the motor in, so thats a good thing!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 AM
FireDodge
Captain

Put on a new transmission cooler last night, bypassed the radiator so its just the new cooler now.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:24 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Filled up a tire in the 76, cleaned the bed out of the tree crap that was in it, rinsed my truck off, rinsed my dad's radiators off.

Now I'm going to go out and check the oil to see if I'm actually due for an oil change.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Just filled up... I've been through several tanks since running HF-SCT, and whilst there has been no improvement in MPG's, it has not got worse, which is good considering the extra get up and go I've got (and have been playing with).

Speaking of MPG's, there was no change after moving the AIT sensor from the keg to the CAI tube (prep for FI-Airgap), despite the 50°F temp difference.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i greased my ramcharger. noticed one of the boots on the 1 tie rod is missing a good chunk. i guess i may have to replace some tie rods in the future but right now the steering feels fairly tight.

have to get gas today or tomorrow since i have to drop my sister off at the airport to fly home. damn workmans comp signed her up for some stuff so she has to go home a bit early.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

drove her again today...getting the oil changed this coming thursday, then hopefully ordering new motor mounts...

Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Mark (wombat ranger) came over. We drove each others trucks, and raided the hardware store to build boost leak detectors.

Found a massive boost leak at the v-clamp from my secondary turbo to the charge elbow that hooks to the intercooler pipe. fixed that by clocking the compressor housing slightly and re-clamping it. re-tested and no more boost leaks...should regain at least 1mpg and about 10psi of boost..

Marks truck also has a very slight boost leak from some goofy plug in the compressor housing. Very minor though. likely will need to remove the plug and weld it or silicone it..

maybe even drill and tap it for a small pipe plug?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 PM
alpiniste
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sitting around being bored and decided to wire a camera. drilled a hole in the rear bumper, ran the wire underneath the truck, into the cab where parking break comes in, and then to the center console under the carpet... that kept me busy for an hour or two...

Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?-null_zpsfd9c3231.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
Mark (wombat ranger) came over. We drove each others trucks, and raided the hardware store to build boost leak detectors.

Found a massive boost leak at the v-clamp from my secondary turbo to the charge elbow that hooks to the intercooler pipe. fixed that by clocking the compressor housing slightly and re-clamping it. re-tested and no more boost leaks...should regain at least 1mpg and about 10psi of boost..

Marks truck also has a very slight boost leak from some goofy plug in the compressor housing. Very minor though. likely will need to remove the plug and weld it or silicone it..

maybe even drill and tap it for a small pipe plug?

Thanks again for having me over.

As I was talking to Jigabop about earlier, I am going to severely de-fuel my truck until I get a better clutch in it. The single disk in it is really getting worn, so I need to figure something out. Until then, no more fun.

I greased my kingpins last week and the front end clunks less and feels a bit tighter. I didn't expect that, but welcome the improvement!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?