2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
not too hard with a 6 volt black and decker bit driver. there are 1 million+ screws and bolts to take out.

and if your dash is not cracked then it probably will be after this. mine had a big hole in it so i just snapped all the remaining pieces off.

thats the same setup i have on the camaro. it sounded like a stock car with just a straight pipe so i had to put a glass pack on. mean idle and deep tone when i get on it.
Haha I got a Black and Decker XRP electric screwdriver I used to get all the screws out. That thing is on it's last legs. Eyeing on a Porter Cable Lithium impact driver....

But I dont think the screws were the hardest part, I just loosley put them on where they go. The hardest part was getting all of the electrial connecters undone then lifting the dash out.

How much harder was it to take the steering column out? Lifting the dash over it was a PITA and I know it will be a much bigger PITA when I go to put it back on.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Haha I got a Black and Decker XRP electric screwdriver I used to get all the screws out. That thing is on it's last legs. Eyeing on a Porter Cable Lithium impact driver....

But I dont think the screws were the hardest part, I just loosley put them on where they go. The hardest part was getting all of the electrial connecters undone then lifting the dash out.

How much harder was it to take the steering column out? Lifting the dash over it was a PITA and I know it will be a much bigger PITA when I go to put it back on.
mine is a 6 volt pivot plus, and they don't make it anymore. the one they have now is something like 3.6v which means slower and not as much torque.

the steering column is easy.
unbolt it from the dash
remove the gear indicator wire
remove electric connectors
take the bolt out of the shaft below the brake booster (in the engine)
take the bolts out of the firewall at the base of the column (behind the brake pedal) and slide it right out.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

^ you should do a full DIY....ive seen the DIY's on how to remove the top portion, but to take the whole thing out like that? that would be some good info, unless i didnt do enough searching and there is a DIY

Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

im currently tossing around the idea to pick up a set of lights at walmart to mount on my rear bumper for back up lights.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 004x41500
im currently tossing around the idea to pick up a set of lights at walmart to mount on my rear bumper for back up lights.
u should put some lights back there. i use mine all the time! i got mine from rural king for 20 bucks. came with both lights, wiring, fuse, and toggle switch and there bright!

Name:  lights1.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  45.4 KB

Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by big.red.ram
u should put some lights back there. i use mine all the time! i got mine from rural king for 20 bucks. came with both lights, wiring, fuse, and toggle switch and there bright!

ya, i might go pick some up here in a bit, did you put yours on a switch or a relay to turn on automatically?

im thinking of doing both actually. having a relay to turn the on automatically when i put it in reverse, then putting a switch on it to turn them on when i choose.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just wired mine into a toggle switch. that way if i was in town in a parkin lot or something i wasnt shining those bright lights behind me lol

Old 11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
elevenbravo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new to the dodge family,love all the mods. and upgrades.today was informative....idler pulley,tensioner pulley,brakes and rotors. 2morow might start on steering shaft replacement. still did not get rid of squeal up front.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
SpcD1500
Veteran

Originally Posted by big.red.ram

I was thinking about doing this my self but i take mine off-road to much and i am afraid if i put mine in the same location as yours they will be torn off in a week, i have already oblonged one of my tailpipes and ripped off both of my passenger side fender flares. Any ideas on other locations to put them that they wont look ugly and i can still open my tailgate???

Anyways i tried to fix an exhaust leak on my ram today but to do it properly i need another set of hands and eyes to do it.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
elevenbravo

2 tone silver ram......rims and tires????what kind ?where? how much? truck looks awesome!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?