2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:29 PM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
which tank do you have, the 26 or the 35
Thats the only two sizes? I'll have to request a build sheet like I've been wanting to. I didn't know what sizes they were, but I usually go to about E/when the gas light comes on and fill up, and its always about 28 gal's...So either I have some strange-sized tank, or my fuel gauge is significantly off.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:11 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rideordie
Thats the only two sizes? I'll have to request a build sheet like I've been wanting to. I didn't know what sizes they were, but I usually go to about E/when the gas light comes on and fill up, and its always about 28 gal's...So either I have some strange-sized tank, or my fuel gauge is significantly off.
when i fill up it normally takes 22 gals, and the pump stops and gauge reads full... and i know that i have a 26 gal... and my fill up its normally under 1/8 of a tank left...

anyways, i think ive decided on 4.11s but i have one question...

on randys ring and pinion they have 2 r&p sets for the dana 44 ones thick ones standard, they say on the thick r&p "This is a thick ring & pinion for use on a 3.73 and down carrier." now would I buy the thick one, or the standard one?

thick
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=3295

standard
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=3288

as for the rear i have 2 choices

http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=2475

they says its not for quiet running vehicles

http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=5660

Ive also read on some 4.11s they say you ned to grind 1 tooth for cross pin? does anyone have any idea what this means?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:19 PM
wermbang
Professional

The neck of the tank will hold a couple gallons

Old 11-27-2009, 12:38 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the gas light comes on with about 6 gallons letf to cool the pump..so thats about right

Old 11-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
felpro is good. i got mine at advance. and if you haven't done your plenum then it is leaking. i thought mine wasn't leaking too bad until i pulled the throttle body off.
I took the throttle body off awhile back to clean it and looked into the intake as good as I could. Just saw a light film of oil coating the inside. Nothing dark and no pools. I have no knock, ping, loss of MPG or loss of power. I think the PO fixed it (no idea what they used if they did). The truck seems to have been well taken care of mechanically and cosmetically. It had only one dent and very few scratches when I got it. Nothing wrong with the engine and tranny at all. Things I've found here and there hint that they knew what they were doing.

I'll keep an eye on it and I'll check more next time I pull the throttle body. My oil loss is very low, too. Maybe a half quart every few thousand miles.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you have any oil in there then your gasket is leaking.

after removing my valve covers i noticed that there is a metal shield that blocks the oil from the pcv valve so i doubt any oil can get through it.

i don't have any knock and never have but when i looked in the intake i saw a puddle. and since going back to the 32.8" tires my mileage has taken a dive from 13 to 10. when i had that size on the truck when i first got it i was getting 14mpg.

then again, my truck does run kinda cold, that could explain the lack of spark knock.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Checked my hubs they where hard as hell to turn. But I has the capilber on so that might have been the issue.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
the gas light comes on with about 6 gallons letf to cool the pump..so thats about right
Oh. I didn't realize it came on so quick. I still think my gauge is off lol.

I am STILL waiting for my Haynes manual . I thought it would be here Wed..so I thought today FOR SURE, but it wasn't in the mail =[.

For those of you with grille guards: I just bought one off of someone. It appears (And he said) it bolts on underneath that plastic black piece on the bumper, and then on the bottom on the frame. He gave me bolts for the top but said he didn't have any for the bottom.. I'm assuming grade 8 would be what I need, right? Just gotta figure out the right size.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh. I didn't realize it came on so quick. I still think my gauge is off lol.

I am STILL waiting for my Haynes manual . I thought it would be here Wed..so I thought today FOR SURE, but it wasn't in the mail =[.

For those of you with grille guards: I just bought one off of someone. It appears (And he said) it bolts on underneath that plastic black piece on the bumper, and then on the bottom on the frame. He gave me bolts for the top but said he didn't have any for the bottom.. I'm assuming grade 8 would be what I need, right? Just gotta figure out the right size.
mine goes through the black piece. and for the bolts, big...

Old 11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
mine goes through the black piece. and for the bolts, big...
their was a grillguard on buffalos craiglist for $125 a couple weeks ago....dunno if its still there....just an fyi if someones looking for one....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?