2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't noticed any real gains from the higher octane. But then again my blown plenum isn't helping matters much. I do know that the pinging is greatly reduced. Seems to idle a little smoother too. Wish I knew if the previous owner put a tune on my computer. Maybe thats why it runs better on premium.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed the PCV and changed my oil=) Valvoline 10-30w full synthetic.(my spring/summer oil) winter I run Valvoline 5-30w Full synthetic. Oh ya and a new WIX filter =) After the PCV i noticed it runs quite a bit smoother now for some reason?

Josh

Old 02-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Kingsnap
Rookie
Default My first changes on my RAM done today!

I have removed the side steps, (Black Tubes) and removed the old muffler and installed a glass back with a down spout. (Was my cheapest choice.) I am pretty happy with the sound, truck is running great and imo looks a lot better with out the side steps!!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtman07
I haven't noticed any real gains from the higher octane. But then again my blown plenum isn't helping matters much. I do know that the pinging is greatly reduced. Seems to idle a little smoother too. Wish I knew if the previous owner put a tune on my computer. Maybe thats why it runs better on premium.
ya that's what I was wondering, if it helped reduce the pinging. I too have a bad plenum and the supreme seemed like it helped mine out quite a bit

Old 02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
quackaddict
Veteran

done this weekend but forgot to post.

1. Wired up my front lights on my bumper
2. Installed and wired my back lights
3. rewired the gauges
4. Bolted on my Toolbox
5. Installed and wired up my CB
6. Installed my switch panel I made for above mentioned lights
7. Changed Thermostat back to 192* truck kept throwing code P1281 engine not getting warm enough I only had a 180* thermo
8. Changed my oil Royal Purple 10w-30 and KN filter (O'reily was running a manager special 5qts Royal Purple and KN filter for $40 hell of a deal to me)

Almost forgot installed my Chrome Texas Ducks Unlimited Hitch Cover!!!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Pip10

Before I changed the pads on my 02 I noticed the rear calipers were sticking but thought this was possibly due to the pistons being fully extended. Changed the pads, bled the brakes and voila...The calipers still stick. Changed the calipers tonight and the verdict is.....Hooray, half way there. The driver side rear is now good. The passenger side is still sticking. Ordered a brake hose for the passenger side rear and we'll see what happens. The search for the guilty part is on!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by quackaddict
done this weekend but forgot to post.

1. Wired up my front lights on my bumper
2. Installed and wired my back lights
3. rewired the gauges
4. Bolted on my Toolbox
5. Installed and wired up my CB
6. Installed my switch panel I made for above mentioned lights
7. Changed Thermostat back to 192* truck kept throwing code P1281 engine not getting warm enough I only had a 180* thermo
8. Changed my oil Royal Purple 10w-30 and KN filter (O'reily was running a manager special 5qts Royal Purple and KN filter for $40 hell of a deal to me)

Almost forgot installed my Chrome Texas Ducks Unlimited Hitch Cover!!!!!
You keep talking about all of these things that you're doing to your truck, but you're not posting any pictures of the work. What kind of crap is that? Where are the pictures man...

Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
yakkier
Banned

I didnt do jacksh!t today, it's 2 degree's outside right now and it's sunny as hell..

I really miss the south..

Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ha, I'm about to go do somethin outside, its 3 degrees and sunny here, but in celsius Maybe you should come south to New Brunswick haha

for the last 3 days we've been having the weirdest weather, sunny, then one minute its snowing like hell, then maybe some rain in there before going back to sunny....

Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
yakkier
Banned

Thats the same damn thing here dude, we're too ****in close to canada!!! lol

i just wanna work on my damn truck comfy like i do at home. It's really freaking hard to enjoy living in the north sometimes, I never really understood the concept behind spring cleaning untill i move here because in the winter YOU CANT DO A DAMN THING!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?