2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 AM
wake
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey maroon..how tall are those whip cb antennas..i was thinking about getting a set of black or red 5.5 footers but im not sure

Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Started my trip from G.R. MI. Got to about the Indiana Dunes. Truck started sputtering and downshifting or the T.C. was locking up depending on which gear I was in. Turned the O/D off and limped it all the way to West Chicago. Truck was sputtering and downshifting the whole way. Had to get here for a funeral tomorrow. Made it but not sure what the problem was. About a mile from West Chicago some guy was randomly cutting people off so I STOMPED on the gas. All of a suddon, It runs fine! Wish that a-hole was there 130 miles ago. Anyone had this problem before with the shifting and sputtering. I was thinking TPS but not sure....

as far as the sputtering goes...id check your fuel pump...mine went at 98000...

oh and wake... my whips are 4 footers

Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

I was thinking it might be the egr system had some crap built up. Runs great now. Oh well.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Washed, waxed, and compounded my truck yesterday.

Lookin to put another coat of compound on...its the scratch remover kind, and its doing a damn good job. I have 2 coats on it, and shes looks beautiful (aside from rockers) and you can hardly see the scratches i had. Im very proud of my RAM

Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

ram360 lets see some pics. What type and brand of compounds are you using? Are you hand buffing or using an orbital? The p.o. of my truck tried to do some buffin on it and put swirl marks all over it, Ive tried some decent meguiars cleaner wax but I need some thing more.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
kissmymagnum
Professional

Got a huge disappointment today, rear diff started making noise on the way home early this A.M. so I tore it apart to see what the problem was. Found a large piece and a small piece of what I could only guess is a pinion shim??? Not really sure but now I have some lateral movement in my driveshaft at the rear diff so I can only guess that it was a shim as now the bearings are loose. That will mean work 3rd shift, then tear the carrier out and try to get the pinion out to inspect it for damage, then get ready to work all over again. I believe it is gonna be a long day. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it did not damage the input shaft when everything came loose. I looked everything over as well as I could and the gears and other stuff all looks good.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
I was thinking it might be the egr system had some crap built up. Runs great now. Oh well.
i like your truck debadged , im looking to take my decals and pinstripes off the doors and sides and just leave the long plasic piece like yours

Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Filled up with 93 octane V-Power. Took it through a car wash. Tommorow hook it up to the camper and leave!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by redneckrocket38
ram360 lets see some pics. What type and brand of compounds are you using? Are you hand buffing or using an orbital? The p.o. of my truck tried to do some buffin on it and put swirl marks all over it, Ive tried some decent meguiars cleaner wax but I need some thing more.

cant get any pics right now....when i did my rear brakes about 2 weeks ago, i stepped on the camera while trying to get leverage to get a spring on...i went to warentee it, but they wont because it was "Self Inflicted"....and i dont have the money to dish out for a camera...well i do but dont want to spend the money on that, i have work to do to my truck first...i have a big camping trip comming up in less than a month, and i need to get prepared.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With everyone washing and waxing their trucks it makes me think that mine might feel a little neglected.
Mine only gets an annual bath, unless I get it muddy. I consider the layer of dust/dirt to be UV protection for the paint.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?