2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been chasing down a "truck not wanting to stay running when cold and at idle" issue for the last week...

Pulled TB off and the TPS, MAP and IAC and cleaned like a mad man for thirty minutes. 13 years of carbon build up is not pretty.

Saw all of the C in the IAC port on the TB and all of it on the IAC itself and pretty well figured out the issue. Cleaned them out, reset the PCM and threw it all together and cold starts are nice again.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

took my truck on the highway for the first time since tranny took on water...fluid and filter is new, and she was shifting through all gears which is good, still has a few kinks though....

so ill pulled her off the road until i can get some work done....driving the maxima for a while now...blah....but i dont want to end up breaking something, so i figure im doing the smart thing, and stopping the driving, and getting her fixed completly.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DukesOfHazzard
isnt that a cryrsler product???

yes, unfortunatly it is.

oh well, thought i did price out a powertrax no slip. 377. =)

95RAM what else is it doing?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 PM
1998machz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put new rotors, pads and calipers on my truck and then found out it needs a master cylinder.Am picking up master in the morning and then a trip to the body shop to see how mch work I need to do to get her repainted.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm laramie that's not a bad idea..... I may just do that to mine also, maybe tomorrow. What did you use to clean it all?

oh and 95RAM, it sucks pullin a beloved vehicle off the road doesn't it? I always hated when I had to do it for some reason or another with my past vehicles.... and I went for almost a month with no registration on the truck and expired DL so I didn't drive the ol girl much... I felt bad havin it just sittin there in the yard lol

Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 AM
bekins01ram
Veteran

To Maxx: After seeing 3 diff. carburator cleaners in action. B-12 chemtool carburator/ choke cleaner works excellent! Also saw the autozone brand (worthless), and another name brand cleaner in action, and B-12 cleaned up the crap that the others missed. Tis good stuff. Dont get it on ur paint tho, and eye protection is suggested. Trust me on that one. It burns...

As far as my truck tho, removed the exhaust pipe from the back of the muffler. Going to turn it out the side, in front of the rear tire eventually. Already have the 90* pipe, just can't get the 8 inch. piece of pipe out that house of mufflers jammed into the back of my super 44. That thing is STUCK. Beat on it for 2 hours, and it wouldn't come out. Guess Ima have to cut it out, or stick my torch on it...dunno yet.

And took the bedliner out of it for first time in like 2 years, and found all the mulch/ river rocks that fell thru the strap hook holes in the liner, while hauling :P Stuck it on craigslist, and 6 hours later had a buyer for 75$ already.

Got ma hughes plenum kit last week, so that 75$ will go to new oil, coolant, a couple sensors, and need a few more dollars for the gasket kit, and 180* therm. that I should have ordered with the hughes kit, but didn't have the money for at that time. Ah well. In about a month I should have everything I need, to do the job And if purpl doesn't finish that plenum DIY by then....well, guess I'll have to take pics while I do it Oh, and got a new serpentine belt, cause mine screams like a banshee when I start it in the morning...good thing I can't hear it over ma flowmaster, unless the windows down.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 AM
canada_rokzz
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Started converting my ultra useless cup holder to a switch panel. I cut off the front of the cup holder with a hack saw, and made up an aluminum panel to get two part epoxied in its place. Gonna pick up 4 matching switches today or tomorrow and install em... Should look slick!

• off road lights
  • switch for running a dvd player while driving (Gotta go to ground? Need more research on this one, and have yet to buy a DVD player)
  • control for a battery isolator
  • TBD

Old 05-18-2010, 02:26 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well yesterday I put on my DF decal. It appears that it was cut funny. I admit I eyed it up but after putting it on looked weird. I pulled out a tape measure. It's actually the same measurement till you get to the .com then it jumps up. There's no way it's from the way I put it on. Oh well I'll just have to deal with it I guess

Name:  IMG_1594.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  74.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1593.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  81.6 KB

Then I changed my blue lights around. I had a dual dashmiser in my Mustang. I got the idea to take it out and put it in the truck, Then take the 2 single ones and put one on each side of the back window. I wasn't sure at first how it would look wit the 2 in the back. After finishing up I like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAi-1V4V8jA

Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 AM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

that sticker would drive me crazy, i'd get another one

Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Pronk
Professional

Canada- post pics of that switch panel when you get it finished

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?