2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Old 10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally had the dual in dual out catalytic converter and the dual in dual out flowmaster 70 series installed. Sounds great and runs even better. Decided to not waste my time with the summit/pacesetter shorty headers I bought. I've decided to go with an 09 model when the ram box option is available and will be giving the 99 QC to my son at the end of the year. Told him if he wanted to install the headers I'd help him with it. If he decides not to install them they will be for sale.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
98BigRed

yesterday it got the meguiars 3 stage wax job- cleaner, polish and wax- looks a lot better now. Changed the air filter, spark plugs, wipers, new headlight bulbs.

Then I went to get a truck load of mulch for the yard- that is the project today.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
GolfAddict

This week i replaced my control arm bushings and track bar. Quite an easy job once i figured out how to get the joint back into hole on the DS. My son helped and we had a really fun time working together, i think we both learned alot since this was my first time doing control arm bushings and track bar replacement. Next week when my sway bar kit comes in i will be replacing all those bushings. Can't forget the wifes ride, R&R exhaust manifold gasket, this should be fun. The plenum will be my next big job, i have the Hughes kit waiting for me to tackle the intake. Wish me luck this will be a really big learning experience for me!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 98BigRed
yesterday it got the meguiars 3 stage wax job- cleaner, polish and wax- looks a lot better now.

Give Klasse All-in-One and the Klasse Sealer Glaze a try! If you don't mind putting 3 stages on, You'll love cutting a stage. It's the best stuff I've ever tried.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GolfAddict
This week i replaced my control arm bushings and track bar. Quite an easy job once i figured out how to get the joint back into hole on the DS. My son helped and we had a really fun time working together, i think we both learned alot since this was my first time doing control arm bushings and track bar replacement. Next week when my sway bar kit comes in i will be replacing all those bushings. Can't forget the wifes ride, R&R exhaust manifold gasket, this should be fun. The plenum will be my next big job, i have the Hughes kit waiting for me to tackle the intake. Wish me luck this will be a really big learning experience for me!!!
I have a lot of fun working with my dad on our trucks

Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I started to polish my a/c compressor. yeah its going to be sweet

Old 10-26-2008, 01:16 PM
GolfAddict
Default Wife's Dak

Replaced the exhaust man gasket on the wifes 05 Dak. Broken bolt. What a pain in the ***. It was a painstaking process but got the job done. Also changed the oil, cleaned the throttle body, and changed the plugs. Over 90K miles and the first plug change, they were gonners. Had fun and now today i get to golf!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dropped it off at the shop to have axle seals put in and have a look at my braking issue.

$500 for the seals.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my two lower ball joints out... went to buddys junk yard got a new rim, taller spring longer shocks hope they work, but have a bad feeling they will not

Old 10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
IceCreamNazi
Professional

I got my two lower ball joints replaced with greaseable ones last week.....and bought a push bar off of Kijiji on Saturday! I love you honey!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?