2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Looks good now....now you need some bigger tires to fill up the space
Thanks! Ive been looking at tires thinking about going with 33s on classic mickey thompsons prolly go with 15 inch rims

Old 01-25-2011, 05:24 PM
seaham358
Rookie

Picked up some Monroe shocks and took the truck to my Buddies garage. He had his guys put them on for me..
It's nice to have Friends

Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
outdoortoys
Amateur

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Where'd you order the bezel? I need one and don't want to pay stealership prices or get an obviously inferior piece, and have been thinking about buying from a wrecking yard but would rather not.

From the research I done the only option for a new bezel is the stealership. Mine had most of the top clips broke and a large crack and did not like the price of the covers and trying to piece the clips together so I had a body shop friend ordered the parts from the dealer at her discount and passed it on to me. I could not bring my self to buy the aftermarket dash and have to paint or die it gray to try to match the the rest of the truck. A for the wrecking yard, good luck finding one and it not cracking while removing or installing it. Had a friend go through the used avenue ebay bezel 150.00 to the door and two attempts taking a dash out of wrecks another 200 or so to only have both cracking within a year.
I have been living with my eyesore of a dash because I just could not bring myself to spend that much money just for cosmetics, but I made the decision not to buy a new truck during this economy. So i give the truck a makeover, and the wife said fix the dash now since you have everything else fixed and looking good. So now I see it as the wife told me to fix it so its ok to spend the money on cosmetics.
Now to get the sct tuner and the 1.7 rockers.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by outdoortoys
From the research I done the only option for a new bezel is the stealership.
That's what I've found, too. I was hoping you'd had better luck finding something else. Might I ask what you ended up paying for the nice new bit of plastic?

Mine's not so bad, just has one chunk missing right in front of the steering wheel. It's a handy little chunk to have missing, as my douchetooth fits right into it, but I have a severe mental allergic reaction to broken things.

Thanks for the follow up!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM
outdoortoys
Amateur

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Might I ask what you ended up paying for the nice new bit of plastic?
Thanks for the follow up!

I have not got the final damage yet She gave me a ball park but they would not know their cost until they received the parts and added her fingered her %into that.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Unfortunately, due to losing my job this past weekend, I will not be following through with any of my plans with this truck. I'll be keeping her, but just won't be building it like I wanted.

Right now she needs:
New air filter (that bad boy is DIRTY!)
New tires
New rear drivers side brake light--I kinda got in an accident yesterday. That was the only damage.

So I'm hoping this is one of those when life hands you lemons, make lemonade moments, we'll see. This wasn't really the time to lose my job.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsbetterhalf
So I'm hoping this is one of those when life hands you lemons, make lemonade moments, we'll see. This wasn't really the time to lose my job.
This is a scary time to lose a paycheck, that's for sure. I hope something even better turns up in short order.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moved it form one side of the drive way to the other, miss driving that truck cant wait till the salt is gone

Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna do a mini-parts run today, gonna pick up a couple things that she needs.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 AM
kNobbErZ

Originally Posted by joshsbetterhalf
Unfortunately, due to losing my job this past weekend, I will not be following through with any of my plans with this truck. I'll be keeping her, but just won't be building it like I wanted.

Right now she needs:
New air filter (that bad boy is DIRTY!)
New tires
New rear drivers side brake light--I kinda got in an accident yesterday. That was the only damage.

Damn dude, sorry to hear you lost your job. Just out of curiosity though,im in chesapeake too, Anywhere near deep creek?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?