2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I finally got my sub woofer issue pegged.
I removed the power cable from the battery and scraped the corrosion off it, then pulled my radio out to make sure the remote wire had a solid connection.
After that I reconnected the remote wire and the rca cables to the amp and cut on a bass heavy song to see if the amp would work like it should. It didn't.
I leaned on my sub and it stopped working (but the amp wasn't in protect mode). I said "Gotcha!" to the sub and ran out to the shed to grab one of the Sony's.
I slapped that thing in there and went for about 2 1/2 hours worth of a drive and it worked beautifully the whole time.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
bduals420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh god my first what did i do... Well started by buying new trans cooler lines, then brakes all around , new u joints, all new wheel bearings, skyjacker shocks freeze plugs ( so excited) trannhy jack , new 10 30 full syn , new oil filter...plus a few more...then brought them home unloaded and went to get a sticker... i got a guy...needed a lil hole fixed so went and got that did that drove back and almost got to the garage for sticker ... got stuck in the MAINE snow with my new bfg KO's .... got it barried on way to garage ( trailing lol ) barried got pulled out by another ram...thxs buddy.. seen some trans fluid in snow... blew my line was 40 miles from home....great day ... got the line after sitting for 4 hours for a friend...freezing 20 outside....put it in and still got my sticker by 3 o clock.... after it all ... I love my ram still a long way to go before shes finished....

Old 02-11-2011, 01:15 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well one night last week I had some issues on the ice in my alley. I ended up sliding and the hitch bumped into the hard snow. I noticed the next day that it popped off the 2 passenger side rear lights and broke my hitch light.

I glued the hitch light back together and got that all fixed up.

today I put the 2 clear lights back on cause they were just hanging and I put the repaired hitch light back on. I also threw a hose clamp on my air horn hose that was causing me grief and now they are all fixed up too.

I also ordered another filter. I ordered a 14x3 1/2 this time. (I think it will fit lol) I got the other one back in the mail for a refund

Old 02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Originally Posted by joshmopar
Picked up my custom headache rack today.

That's it. The side pieces obviously have the cummins logo and say turbo diesel and the middle of the rack says rollin' coal. It has tabs for four spotlights, 2 CB antennaes and cut outs for four oval back up/tail lights.
I'm thinking some enclosed leds behind the Rollin Coal and Cummings logos would look sick

Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
I'm thinking some enclosed leds behind the Rollin Coal and Cummings logos would look sick
Could even get a piece of lexan and hook up some leds to shine directly at the edge of it so the entire piece will light up.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Could even get a piece of lexan and hook up some leds to shine directly at the edge of it so the entire piece will light up.
I'm not seeing your thought but you might be onto something.

I was thinking enclose the front so it lit up out the back. I'm thinking your idea you would see it front and back?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

I was thinking something like this.

Frosted (sanded) lexan or plexiglass would make the light stand out a lot better like in this picture.

And I was thinking mount it on the cab side of the rack for rollin coal and on the bed side of the cummins logo.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:47 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Ah I got ya now

Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
riced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 4x4

It is a good idea to clean your side windows enough to see out the mirrors,all I did to my truck today was back into a tree in my own yard and mash the crap out of my bumper, non repairable on the good side, it didn't get the tail gate or cap.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by riced
It is a good idea to clean your side windows enough to see out the mirrors,all I did to my truck today was back into a tree in my own yard and mash the crap out of my bumper, non repairable on the good side, it didn't get the tail gate or cap.
Ouch.
Time to hit ebay or lmctruck for a new one.
If the plastic isn't messed up then you can get the bumpers a little cheaper where it's just the metal and just transfer your plastic to it.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?