2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 01:15 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was just the $20 flexible white led's from autozone. I had a $20 credit there so it only cost me like $1.50!

And yes they are wired into the dome light, I was gonna wire them into the "door ajar" switch but all the wire colors were different than what I read in another thread, and instead of doing a trial and error I just pulled the head liner and wired them to the over head dome light! So now I can turn the dimmer switch off and they wont come on.

My friend bought some yellow ones for his bike, ill be wiring those up in a day or two. Ill get some pics too

Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
I installed a set of Grover Emergency Horns. I think they need a rebuild kit though cause they sound like crap. Got a 100w speaker to install my siren that I can't use lol.
Did you install them to honk with your factory horn? I had a cheap set of train horns that sounded great when they were wired be themselves, but as soon as I would connect the factory horn... It sounded like a out of tune trumpet!

Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
It was just the $20 flexible white led's from autozone. I had a $20 credit there so it only cost me like $1.50!

And yes they are wired into the dome light, I was gonna wire them into the "door ajar" switch but all the wire colors were different than what I read in another thread, and instead of doing a trial and error I just pulled the head liner and wired them to the over head dome light! So now I can turn the dimmer switch off and they wont come on.

My friend bought some yellow ones for his bike, ill be wiring those up in a day or two. Ill get some pics too
Kudos, I like it bro!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
Well here are the pics of the l.e.d. Courtesy lights!

This is a pic of the door open, you really cant see the light output cause my phones flash went off

Heres a pic of the light strip itself, I ran the wire through a hole in the bottom of the door, there is actually alot of room between the bottom of the door and top of the door jam.

And heres the ground right outside of the cab. Notice how you can see want your hopping into!

]

You just gave me an idea for my next mod

Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Installed my Midland portable CB along with the infamous 102" whip! Negligible change from straight up to military bow. Pics to be put in the CB install thread.

Went on a Snow Patrol with our club. It was a slow day as we only pulled out 1 ford 350 dually, like 80s year. Locked the rear diff up in the snow. Lost my pictures of the pull out that my buddy did with his greenie monster.

All stopped here to air down to 10-15 psi. I went to 15.

Moving to our spot for counting:

The outpost:

Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Installed my Midland portable CB along with the infamous 102" whip! Negligible change from straight up to military bow. Pics to be put in the CB install thread.

Went on a Snow Patrol with our club. It was a slow day as we only pulled out 1 ford 350 dually, like 80s year. Locked the rear diff up in the snow. Lost my pictures of the pull out that my buddy did with his greenie monster.

The outpost:

I'm jealous!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle

The outpost:

I want that bumper on the lead truck. Do you know where he got it from?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
That is a sweet bumper.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
It's an Alien Patrol, which is no longer around. His was dipped in bedliner, which is a huge plus. It's not really any different from Road Rhino or Road Armor or the similar look. Why....b/c if you know the back history...the design gets around. lol

Still too pricey even if you get the DIY one from Road Rhino, additionally it has clearance issue at the front body mount. I have a remedy for that though.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

I realized today, that you don't leave you pickup for a whole weekend unattended at work. The guys you work with just might hide your wheels...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?