2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM
PatrickMashburn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge pod for 1999 ram 1500 sport

Does anyone know where a good website to order a 2 5/8 gauge pod for a 1999 ram

Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Nice toy. How much did that set ya back?

$1000, including sales tax. No damage to Raptor Liner on Ram from fork lift operator pushing it from the rear into the bed. Good news!

Works great. Couple hours to assemble. Couple more hours to load car body by myself. That is really a 2 man job. (sorry for the photo quality - low light!

Hydraulic jack at each end to adjust height and crank on one end to rotate.

Name:  54rotated.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  708.1 KB

Name:  frontofrotisserie.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  722.3 KB

Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Ordered some of these

http://www.wheelsforless.com/detail.aspx?ID=3357

And got the last bit of cash needed for my 6 inch lift... now just waiting for a loan approval.
I see 8-lugs...

This should be good

Old 09-14-2012, 10:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Replaced the front pads/rear shoes. Also installed a dash mat to cover up the cracked dash, then I plasti-dipped the crappy wheels. Next I'm cutting off the stock muffler. Probably just slap a thrush turbo on it for now. Dump it before the rear wheel. I'll also be taking off those fugly chrome bed rails.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Installed diesel manor trans line manifold and glow shift trans temp gauge tonight, it works!!

Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Late today decided to figure out why PU won't shift into 4 wheel. T case shifts, checked vacuum, both lines have 20" of vac. when they're supposed too, so alls well there. Pulled the CAD. Rusty oil and a piece of wire about the diameter of wire they make small paper clips out of. The wire formed half a circle I guess about an inch or so in diameter. Have no idea what it is. The shaft with the shift fork wouldn't hardly move. Got it freed up and working smoothly. The outer axle doesn't line up with the inner axle so naturally the collar can't lock them together. Outer axle wobbles around a good half inch. I don't mean it's bent, just that I can move it by hand.

Drained the oil from the diff. Stuff looked like chocolate pudding and as thick. Stunk like hell too. Used a can and a half of brake parts cleaner to get the stuff out of there. Nastiest crap I've ever seen come from a machine.

Got dark so am letting it sit overnight. Finish cleaning it out and refill in the morning. Gotta figure out what's wrong over on the pass. side so I can fix it and have 4 wheel. Not familiar with Dana 44 but gonna have to get that way real quick.

Good night all.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i blew a brake line on my ramcharger and had to fix it since i work tomorrow and my truck is loaded with scrap, crap and a tiny bit of stuff that i want. the piece that blew was not even a foot long and looked in great shape except for all the rust were it met the fitting.

come Monday most of this crap is going to the junk yard. thinking about keeping all the white pipes. could make something pretty cool for the truck with them.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Motojon

I went for my 2nd tank of gas in my new (to me) '94 and figured I'm getting about 20MPG with the 5.2L, driving like a granny and using CC on my way up and down the turnpike. That's about 80/20 Hwy/Cty. Not as scary as I though.

Also learned my shocks are blown and every part with a grease fitting on it in the front end is rotted out. I'll be looking for a 14x3 and lots of front end parts tomorrow.

Finding a '94 w/less than 63K original miles = Awesome!
Finding a '94 w/less than 63k original miles sitting uncovered and under driven for 14 years = Lots of stuff with rubber and paint goes to s**t!

I have to say though, this is probably my favorite truck so far and I've had a couple each of Ford and Chevy. Been wanting this one since it came out the year I graduated HS and I just never had enough faith in Dodge to buy one. Glad (so far) that I did.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Dony speak highly of it and it will treat you well. Everytime I brag on my truck something breaks.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went wheelin through trails today. Sprayed a wee bit of mud, pics tmo

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?