2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The hemi actually goes in ALOT of the 2500s too you know

Premium has isn't as important I'm small engines as ETHANOL FREE is. Who likes replacing primer bulbs and fuel lines every other year?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
The hemi actually goes in ALOT of the 2500s too you know

Premium has isn't as important I'm small engines as ETHANOL FREE is. Who likes replacing primer bulbs and fuel lines every other year?
Yes I know the Hemi goes in the 2500 too.

Anywho, worked on the mower a little, got it to start right up and run good. Took it to where I needed to finish mowing and it won't start.

Cleaned, the spark plug, which was black, cleaned the air filter, no dirt down in the bowl, did see some metal shavings below the top cover that holds the pull string, didn't see anything wrong, don't have a puller to do a good inspection though...

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been adding Star-Tron (ethanol treatment) to my gas for my yard equipment for years, and since I started I've never had any issues, but yeah if you can get ethanol free that's even better...

Old 07-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I've been adding Star-Tron (ethanol treatment) to my gas for my yard equipment for years, and since I started I've never had any issues, but yeah if you can get ethanol free that's even better...
I used that stuff for a little while, saw your post about it somewhere on here. Now the pure station opened back up so I go there

Old 07-28-2013, 08:38 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

up here all premium gas is suppose to be ethanol free unless it says otherwise on the pump. that is why it is all i buy.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM
stewie01
Legend

I can get Ethanol Free Gasoline in town for a nickel or so more than the cheap stuff. But I don't think that will solve my lawn mower issues...

The truck likes pure gas though

Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

all my vehicles and small engines get the ethanol free premium. i will even pump $20 of gas into my truck before i put the nozzle in my Jerry can to pump gas for my lawn equipment.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
It's a gimmick, unless it can get 30+mpg it's gonna fail,

Also, word on the block at the dealership is Chrysler/fiat is going to phase out the dodge brand in the coming years. Going to just be Chrysler, ram, jeep, and SRT
And the Sergio Merchonnie (however the hell you spell his name) has already said that Fiat has no plans for nuking the Dodge brand.
Besides, they'd miss out on all the minorities buying their cars.
Originally Posted by stewie01
Stupid little push mower is crapping itself. I'm tired of messing with it, gonna go riding mower shopping next week, see what I can find.

Damn weedeater is a piece of crap too.
What brand is your weedeater?
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
you should really run premium in it. with how little gas a lawn mower uses each year you would not notice the difference in price. i know my lawnmower started 2nd pull this year but last year was the first year we started running premium. other years i would have to tear the float bowl off the carb to get it started.
I run 89 for all the lawn equipment as that is what Echo says is needed for their engines, so we just get all 89 for all that stuff.
Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I've got a bottle of Star-Tron, just never used it. You use it in the tanks or in the gas cans?
I use Seafoam AT LEAST once a year in my lawn mower since I used it to clear up a hard start issue. Runs like new. But I DO have to replace the priming bulb as it is torn.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
What brand is your weedeater?
Husqvarna

Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Husqvarna
Husqvarna has gone down in quality since they started selling them at big box stores.

We use Echo. Got an Echo CS-400 chain saw and a PAS-260 split shaft powerhead that currently has a cultivator on it. The Echo engines are just explosive. It's great.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread