2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Husqavarna 223L that kicks ***.

The trick is to only buy them that have the black plate that say "made in Sweden"

Everything else is just an orange colored poulan

Old 07-28-2013, 11:53 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
I have a Husqavarna 223L that kicks ***.

The trick is to only buy them that have the black plate that say "made in Sweden"

Everything else is just an orange colored poulan
Poulan isn't always bad!
I had a poulan pro-link powerhead that only died this year. 2007 date of manufacture. Needed a coil, recoil unit, and I think it may have lost some compression or had a gasket blow. Not sure.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Poulan isn't always bad!
I had a poulan pro-link powerhead that only died this year. 2007 date of manufacture. Needed a coil, recoil unit, and I think it may have lost some compression or had a gasket blow. Not sure.
We had a poulan weedeater that died in two years. Biggest POS.

Now we have a 12+ year old chainsaw that is still going strong. The bar oil sprayer doesn't work tho, throws it all out as fast as it can in 5 minutes, cuts great if you can keep some oil on it

Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
We had a poulan weedeater that died in two years. Biggest POS.

Now we have a 12+ year old chainsaw that is still going strong. The bar oil sprayer doesn't work tho, throws it all out as fast as it can in 5 minutes, cuts great if you can keep some oil on it
Like I said, just depends on what you've got. lol
So far, our Echo stuff has been great. The chain saw has only cut down 5 trees, but they were all as large or larger than the saw is rated for. Two of which were old oaks that were petrified and were laced with 1 oz lead shotgun slugs.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

At work all we do use is Stihl. We had brand new FS90rsand we've ran the **** out of them this season and now they run like shat. If my boss would just pay to get the parts to let me service them

Old 07-29-2013, 12:45 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I like the Echos because they're light and have explosive power. And in the case of the saws, they run K&N-style round air cleaners.
They look bad ***. It's just a shame you can't see it when you're operating the saw. lmao

Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Jigabop
Champion

stewie: when is the last time you cleaned the jet(s) out in your mower and weed eaters carbs?

probably 95% of the time when those things wont start it is because a tiny spec of dirt/dust got sucked into the jet and jammed it up..

pull the fuel bowl off, and find yourself a bread tie, or some stranded wire...

peel the paper cover off the bread tie so it is just a bare wire, and run it through the jets a couple times. you can do the same thing if you have some electrical wire...take a single strand of the wire and run it through the jets. after you do that, clean the bowl out, put it back on, prime it and start it...it'll fire right up and run like a champ after that

would suggest putting a fuel filter on it after you do so...

Last edited by Jigabop; 07-29-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:58 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Jiga, that only helps if you can actually GET TO the carb to remove the bowl. lmao
Cheap equipment is a PITA to get the bowl off.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Default Double Post FTW!

Speaking of small engines...I worked on my neighbors mower for a few minutes earlier. She complained that it chugged and had an overall lack of power. She thought it was bad gas. So I took it in and worked on it.

I pulled the air filter and it was nasty, pounded a 1/4 cup of dust out of it. That made it run better.

Next was the spark plug...where I found this:

That is by far and away the worst spark plug I've ever seen. I am amazing the engine was even firing.

Here is the other fun part: the oil is diesel black. Full, but black. A true testament to Honda durability.

I swear by two engines: Honda and Briggs. And the Honda just earned a little more respect from me.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Speaking of small engines...I worked on my neighbors mower for a few minutes earlier. She complained that it chugged and had an overall lack of power. She thought it was bad gas. So I took it in and worked on it.

I pulled the air filter and it was nasty, pounded a 1/4 cup of dust out of it. That made it run better.

Next was the spark plug...where I found this:

That is by far and away the worst spark plug I've ever seen. I am amazing the engine was even firing.

Here is the other fun part: the oil is diesel black. Full, but black. A true testament to Honda durability.

I swear by two engines: Honda and Briggs. And the Honda just earned a little more respect from me.
Honda motors are amazing. Even my dads little civic amazes me with what they can take, he's very bad at maintenance on it and half the time the oil gets left for like a year at a time.... I just changed the oil in a few days ago and less then a liter come out no lie! The way it was running you'da never guessed.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread