2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody forgot to put the truck in park.

I wanna know why they didn't hit the brakes on the Chevy.....

Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
WTF they are using GBs of data every day.
Congratulations! You're hosting a spam zombie!

Tell the old man to start paying for his **** so he won't get those nasty viruses that are spread on the free port sites.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser

Tell the old man to start paying for his **** so he won't get those nasty viruses that are spread on the free port sites.
That entire post is sig-worthy.

Good job, Unreg.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Somebody forgot to put the truck in park.
When the Chebby pulled onto the back of the trailer it lifted the rear axle of the tow vehicle off of the ground so neither Park nor parking brake would make any difference at all. You can see for just an instant as it disappears out of frame that the rear wheels on the tow vehicle aren't turning. If the idiot in the Chebby had stopped it would've been just an oh 5h17 moment rather than a wreck, but he just kept pushing the thing.

I've seen that done at least a dozen times, but usually with a shorter duration of stoopidity and less damage done. The last time was not so long ago, a Bobcat unloading drywall at the house next door. Of course the truck was pointed downhill so was going to keep going all the way until the wreck if no one got smart first, but the operator figured out what was going on and backed off of the trailer. And, even better, the parking brake was on so the park pawl in the transmission wasn't sheared.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

When the Chebby pulled onto the back of the trailer it lifted the rear axle of the tow vehicle off of the ground so neither Park nor parking brake would make any difference at all. You can see for just an instant as it disappears out of frame that the rear wheels on the tow vehicle aren't turning. If the idiot in the Chebby had stopped it would've been just an oh 5h17 moment rather than a wreck, but he just kept pushing the thing.

I've seen that done at least a dozen times, but usually with a shorter duration of stoopidity and less damage done. The last time was not so long ago, a Bobcat unloading drywall at the house next door. Of course the truck was pointed downhill so was going to keep going all the way until the wreck if no one got smart first, but the operator figured out what was going on and backed off of the trailer. And, even better, the parking brake was on so the park pawl in the transmission wasn't sheared.
Ah, that makes perfect sense. I didn't see that in the video. Had something similar happen when trying to load my grandpa's tractor on the trailer, trailer literally lifted off the truck. lol

Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Good job, Unreg.
I'm a system administrator who deals with this kind of thing all the darn time on the server side. Most of what's coming from Facefook these days, as regards spammers' exploits, is password stealers -- they snag your authentication credentials for your ISP mail account, and then authenticate as you to send spam using your account but don't use the same machine from which they stole the passwords. The spam zombies usually come from the free **** sites. They figure you're less likely to notice because you're chewing up scads of bandwidth for videos anyway.

Wives and parents who aren't supposed to know that you like lookin' at pitchers of nekkid people are why they invented the prepaid gift card.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I'm a system administrator who deals with this kind of thing all the darn time on the server side. Most of what's coming from Facefook these days, as regards spammers' exploits, is password stealers -- they snag your authentication credentials for your ISP mail account, and then authenticate as you to send spam using your account but don't use the same machine from which they stole the passwords. The spam zombies usually come from the free **** sites. They figure you're less likely to notice because you're chewing up scads of bandwidth for videos anyway.

Wives and parents who aren't supposed to know that you like lookin' at pitchers of nekkid people are why they invented the prepaid gift card.
I get where you're coming from. My dad had that problem occasionally at his job a long time ago.

And WAT?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

And WAT?
Lots of people who don't want their families to know of their personal viewing habits visit the free **** sites not because they're free, but because they don't want suspicious charges appearing on their credit card statements, or don't trust the site operators with their card numbers. The prepaid cards work around that, though there's a lot more to be done if one doesn't wish to be easily enough found out.

One of my clients once ran a very successful fapware site with over a half million registered users. (She's since sold the site and got out of "adult content" but is still my client.) So I know some stuff because her customers needed to know it. They still ended up divorced, some of them, because suspicious wives are a whole internet subculture and they're pretty crafty. There are even e-commerce web sites who sell cell phone spyware, IP cameras, keyloggers, and all of that kind of stuff to suspicious wives. They'll sell to anyone, of course, but their target market is suspicious women.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Lots of people who don't want their families to know of their personal viewing habits visit the free **** sites not because they're free, but because they don't want suspicious charges appearing on their credit card statements, or don't trust the site operators with their card numbers. The prepaid cards work around that, though there's a lot more to be done if one doesn't wish to be easily enough found out.

One of my clients once ran a very successful fapware site with over a half million registered users. (She's since sold the site and got out of "adult content" but is still my client.) So I know some stuff because her customers needed to know it. They still ended up divorced, some of them, because suspicious wives are a whole internet subculture and they're pretty crafty. There are even e-commerce web sites who sell cell phone spyware, IP cameras, keyloggers, and all of that kind of stuff to suspicious wives. They'll sell to anyone, of course, but their target market is suspicious women.
Damn, I just learned something I likely didn't want to know.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Lol you and I deal with the same stuff, eh? Except I'm on a smaller scale now than I used to be, and BOY AM I GLAD for that...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread