2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
You actually see advertisements?!

do yourself a favor...

Go download firefox, set it as your primary web browser, then download the ad blocker plugin.

if you are very computer literate and have ever used a firewall that you have to allow every web page you go to manually, and would be okay with doing that again...you can also download the noscript plugin for firefox which greatly enhances security and blocks unwanted crap that even ad blocker can't touch.

it can be annoying at first having to allow web pages and figure out what additional domains to allow on said web pages. (most web pages like this one have half a dozen other domains your browser hits in the background for all content on the screen to appear. some just track your activity, others provide a useful service like resizing pictures posted that just don't fit the damn screen...

here is an example of all of the stuff noscript is blocking on just this page...

stuff that says forbid is already allowed, and stuff that says allow "site url" is blocked until you click allow.

plugins like this are one of the many reasons I have not had a computer virus in years, because they block scripts from running unless you allow the site to run scripts, so a malicious script never gets the chance to run on your machine.
Thats all fine and dandy but try doing that on ur cell phone.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure he's talking about on TV.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

No, Hambone was talking about on DF on his phone.

I ran out of gas in the 76....in my yard. Gotta fix that gauge/sending unit one of these days.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
You actually see advertisements?!

do yourself a favor...

Go download firefox, set it as your primary web browser, then download the ad blocker plugin.

if you are very computer literate and have ever used a firewall that you have to allow every web page you go to manually, and would be okay with doing that again...you can also download the noscript plugin for firefox which greatly enhances security and blocks unwanted crap that even ad blocker can't touch.

it can be annoying at first having to allow web pages and figure out what additional domains to allow on said web pages. (most web pages like this one have half a dozen other domains your browser hits in the background for all content on the screen to appear. some just track your activity, others provide a useful service like resizing pictures posted that just don't fit the damn screen...

here is an example of all of the stuff noscript is blocking on just this page...

stuff that says forbid is already allowed, and stuff that says allow "site url" is blocked until you click allow.

plugins like this are one of the many reasons I have not had a computer virus in years, because they block scripts from running unless you allow the site to run scripts, so a malicious script never gets the chance to run on your machine.
I have adblocker for firefox. But on my iPhone I can't block anything because my phone isn't jailbroken and I don't think they have a jailbreak for ios7 yet, if ever

Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

I dont have any ads at all on my iphone. Using Chrome.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I dont have any ads at all on my iphone. Using Chrome.
hmmm, but Apple doesn't let third parties use their super awesome faster scripting utility thing

Old 10-14-2013, 02:59 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

That's because Apple is ***.

Granted, Droid isn't much better.

I SHOULD DO LIKE TECHJOCKEY ALWAYS DOES.

Imma make a new OS for cellphones.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:38 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
hmmm, but Apple doesn't let third parties use their super awesome faster scripting utility thing

I dont know about all that. It's a company phone so it's free...I dont complain.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

So hopefully painting all the spotty rust spots and surface rust underneath my truck next weekend when I get paid. There isn't too much but I want it to look good underneath.

Should I go the Rustoleum matt black or the glossy black? Would I have to get a few cans of the Rustoleum primer too?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread