2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
I know I'm in the wrong section for this question but I trust you guys in the 2nd gen section...My dad's 4.7 1500 had a broken manifold bolt that cost $375 to do at the dodge dealer and they said his oil sending unit was out. That's some amount of money I cant remember and then it'll need to be reflashed( new updates and crap). that's another $110, does it really need to be reflashed or can it wait some time? Money is tight because of my dad's surgery a little bit ago. Thanks for any help
If it runs ok currently, skip the reflash.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SXTspeed
I was lookin for a general truck or RAM section but guess there isn't one?

Anyway, I'm looking for a list of some songs you all like to crank up in your trucks, preferably country songs...I never heard of "Little Man" by Alan Jackson but I listened to it on youtube and just thought it'd be an awesome song to listen to cruising in a truck, he has several other good songs, but looking for more ideas
Well if you're into that kind of country music then I can't really help you. I listen to the newer country, the stuff I can actually jam to.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:49 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by BBartow
Well if you're into that kind of country music then I can't really help you. I listen to the newer country, the stuff I can actually jam to.
I used to listen to country back when it actually was country....country has gone pop and does nothing for me. I listen to new stuff now. Plus never get tired of a good bass drop.... (bassnectar, deadmau5, etc)

Old 01-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks HeyYou, has anybody done an oil sending unit before? I never have and was curious about it.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I used to listen to country back when it actually was country....country has gone pop and does nothing for me. I listen to new stuff now. Plus never get tired of a good bass drop.... (bassnectar, deadmau5, etc)
New country is just wannabe cowboy themed pop rock.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
Thanks HeyYou, has anybody done an oil sending unit before? I never have and was curious about it.
It's a PITA because of it's location. Remove your airbox and lay across the top of your engine, unplug the wire and unscrew the thing. You can get a special deep socket made just for the sending unit. If you don't want to do that, you can use an open end wrench by angling it down to miss the firewall. Some guys have broken the plastic off the top of the old one first to make removal easier with a socket and extension, but you still have to get the new one on there.
Have fun.

Last edited by Arde; 01-18-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Haha k thanks for the advice Arde!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about horsepower!

Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM
dman12323
Veteran

Back in the olden days where people rode horses and didn't have to worry about there vehicle not starting in the morning. No such thing as engine parts and all the rest of this expensive repair crap. If you wanted a big horse you put bigger hoofs and go buy a large diameter horse instead of lift kits. Horse food not that expensive as gas now and days. Dont have to worry about electrical and lube changes every 4,000 miles. Maybe a vet visit at the most. And no worries about the ozone layers and smog and inspection bulls***. And if you wanted your horse to look different then the rest you could customize your own saddle? Bet those horses back in the day had more b*ll* than most of these newer pickup's

Old 01-18-2014, 09:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by dman12323
Back in the olden days where people rode horses and didn't have to worry about there vehicle not starting in the morning. No such thing as engine parts and all the rest of this expensive repair crap. If you wanted a big horse you put bigger hoofs and go buy a large diameter horse instead of lift kits. Horse food not that expensive as gas now and days. Dont have to worry about electrical and lube changes every 4,000 miles. Maybe a vet visit at the most. And no worries about the ozone layers and smog and inspection bulls***. And if you wanted your horse to look different then the rest you could customize your own saddle? Bet those horses back in the day had more b*ll* than most of these newer pickup's
Cool story bro.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread